PDA

View Full Version : WOW Just bought an '08 with 1,600 Miles!

s_c5519
04-05-2012, 03:20 AM
It's in incredibly brand new condition. Has to be one of the lowest mile 08's in the world, unless Jay Leno has one stashed in his garage...

Have a few questions. I am not mechanically inclined at all. I have a black on black '08 with 15k miles and the new one is black with Sedona interior. I want to keep the newer H2. So I want to transfer the black interior over to the new one (I like the black better). How hard would it be to change these pieces out? I will post a stock pic of the Sedona below so you can see all the Sedona pieces in the front.

Also my 15k one has a very nice expensive custom black velour roof liner. Is that something that is really hard to change over to the new one?

Last question..., the new one does not have NAV and the older one does. Is that a big deal to change over too?

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad157/john5519/2009_Hummer_H2-2.jpg

twr
04-05-2012, 04:30 AM
Hi the seats, door panels and dash parts can be changed over pretty easy, i have had most of those parts off my 2008 at one time or another. The only thing i did not take out is the back seat. The headliner is not to bad either, i changed mine because it had a rip from the other owner, A good mechanic could do it in 14 to 16 hours. As for the nav radio you need to remove the voice harness, gps antenna and the radio from the one truck then install both radios in both trucks then both will need to be reprogrammed at Gm. Its about $60 each truck and 2 to 3 hours labour for both. Hope this helps just pm me if i can help any more.

s_c5519
04-05-2012, 04:52 AM
Thank you for the great explanation Tracy! I think I may just go the easiest route and do the Sedona parts only.

Possibly the headliner also, but the 16 hour job scared me a bit. Not so much by the labor cost but I don't really want someone tearing apart my new truck for that amount of time. It just seems like they will do more damage than not in the end. I think that's why I have minor squeaks/creaks in the current black velour headliner too, although it could be coming from elsewhere in the back, I can't really tell...

I can also skip on the nav, I don't really use it anyway, basically I just like the looks of it. I just realized I'd be losing my backup camera too, but that's probably a bitch to change over though. It's too bad the newer H2 didn't come loaded...

VegasGuy
04-05-2012, 05:50 AM
Congrats on a great find! Wow, only 1,600 miles! You should have bought a lotto ticket with that kind of luck! :D

twr
04-05-2012, 05:57 AM
Hi you must remember it 2 times as long because their is 2 trucks to do. I have no noises inside my truck and i have damm near the whole inside apart because i am so annal. I guess 26 years as a mechanic has something to do with it. {no raddles or noises}

s_c5519
04-05-2012, 05:58 AM
Congrats on a great find! Wow, only 1,600 miles! You should have bought a lotto ticket with that kind of luck! :D

Thanks! I sold my '09 a few years back with only 3,000 miles and regretted it, and have been looking for a low mileage one ever since. Part of my luck is NOT buying lotto tickets. If I would have been doing that for the last 30 years I wouldn't of had the $ to buy this H2:)

LoJac963
04-05-2012, 09:18 AM
wow one great find! I bought my 06 a little over a year ago with 32k on it and thought I got a hell of a deal which I kinda did but yours is basically brand new still!

guruerror
04-05-2012, 08:43 PM
You should change your screen name to Deep_Pockets5519. You go through vehicles like I got through tanks of gas...LOL!

If you ever wanna get rid of some 'spreading around money' PM me...I could use a Vette. ;)

HummerMann
04-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Wow! What a great find. There's a lot to be said for keeping it original and having the colors match your factory trim tag, however, if you want to change the seats they are easy as many have said but the headliner is a major pain. I had mine redone at the house by a company that does automobile interiors and it took them most of the day.

s_c5519
04-07-2012, 01:42 PM
You should change your screen name to Deep_Pockets5519. You go through vehicles like I got through tanks of gas...LOL!

If you ever wanna get rid of some 'spreading around money' PM me...I could use a Vette. ;)

It's turning more into empty_pockets5519, the way I am spending and losing money, especially selling the last 4 new 2012 cars I have had. This third midlife crisis is really getting to me this time... :notallthere:

It's weird too, I was just thinking,... The only car I really have ever been in love with is the H2, I don't miss any others when I sell em. It's like a being in a bad relationship, I always go back...

s_c5519
04-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Wow! What a great find. There's a lot to be said for keeping it original and having the colors match your factory trim tag, however, if you want to change the seats they are easy as many have said but the headliner is a major pain. I had mine redone at the house by a company that does automobile interiors and it took them most of the day.
Oh good point, I never thought about the resale value of changing out both interiors, especially both being low mileage...The time and pain of switching headliners, NAV, seats wheels, etc... hmm, I gotta rethink this one...

Speaking of low mileage, I took the new one out for a ride yesterday and put a few miles on it and got nervous and went back home. The mileage being so low is a psychological battle, " do I drive it or store it?, do I keep it or sell it?"... But boy what a beautiful ride compared to even the 15k mile one, you wouldn't think there'd be much difference! It's so weird and nice to be in a brand new H2 again, especially since I drove by the old Quirk dealer and got reminded they aint making them any more! As a matter of fact, they were finally taking down the big H building, a sad sight indeed:crying: :violin:

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh501/s_c5519/quirkhummer.jpg
Rest In Really Big Pieces!

twr
04-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Hi keep both then no changes needed :beerchug: