PDA

View Full Version : Nav Radio issues?

giant h2
04-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Hello gang happy peaster!!

Hummers great, 125k miles now.........

My wife recently had an interesting issue. She told me her nav radio would not turn on for a few days, also no back up cam. On the third day the car would not start. Called AAA they charged the battery, check it and the alternator both ok! Radio works again but now seems to reboot itself while on? Goes to the H2 screen like at start up?

Anyone have any ideas??:dancingbanana:

Oh its a 2005 H2

guruerror
04-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Hello gang happy peaster!!

Hummers great, 125k miles now.........

My wife recently had an interesting issue. She told me her nav radio would not turn on for a few days, also no back up cam. On the third day the car would not start. Called AAA they charged the battery, check it and the alternator both ok! Radio works again but now seems to reboot itself while on? Goes to the H2 screen like at start up?

Anyone have any ideas??:dancingbanana:

Oh its a 2005 H2
Yikes...I hate those weird problems. What are you/wifey typically doing when it reboots? Is there any common factor? Like does it only happen when you listening to XM, or when you're on a bumpy road, or when you turn left, or is it completely random?

giant h2
04-06-2012, 07:48 PM
completely random?

guruerror
04-06-2012, 07:52 PM
completely random?
Hmmm...I'm thinking maybe a faulty NAV. I had two factory Delphi NAVs go bad in my 05. Not with the symptoms that you're describing, but still...

...I wish I had more for you, but that's my initial thoughts.

HUMTECH
04-07-2012, 08:04 AM
I know there is a software update for various problems with the nav radios. Requires dealer to upload new software with an update.

giant h2
04-08-2012, 02:24 AM
I know there is a software update for various problems with the nav radios. Requires dealer to upload new software with an update.

Humtech, Any GM dealer? Is it something i can get my hands on?

glennf1
04-08-2012, 05:01 PM
What year is your H2?

giant h2
04-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Glennf1 its a 2005

glennf1
04-10-2012, 05:28 AM
Giant, I'm not trying to sound like a salesman but I have the new 2012 nav disc with the automatic firmware update on it:

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42461

PM if interested

giant h2
04-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Giant, I'm not trying to sound like a salesman but I have the new 2012 nav disc with the automatic firmware update on it:

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42461

PM if interested
Sure your not, whats it going to cost me?

giant h2
04-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Update, today the radio decided not to power on. When i hit the power on button the clock lights up but no radio or back up cam in reverse. I pulled the 15a fuse under the hood and everything seems to have reset. Any ideas??:dancingbanana:

giant h2
04-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Update, today the radio decided not to power on. When i hit the power on button the clock lights up but no radio or back up cam in reverse. I pulled the 15a fuse under the hood and everything seems to have reset. Any ideas??:dancingbanana:
Again last night no hummer start up page when starting the car and no back up camera. Radio is dark until i hit the on button then i only see the clock? also did not pull the fuse and battery was weak this morning so something is draining/running when this happens?

giant h2
04-24-2012, 03:19 AM
Again last night no hummer start up page when starting the car and no back up camera. Radio is dark until i hit the on button then i only see the clock? also did not pull the fuse and battery was weak this morning so something is draining/running when this happens?
any help here?

[__--MUD--__]
04-24-2012, 03:57 AM
Put an aftermarket deck in there an be done w/ it. Those stock decks suck anyway. Not worth repairing. You can stick an amp guage on the fuse for it, see what its pulling. Going off memory the body control module tells the deck when it can turn on/off. Sounds like some component in the deck is smoked, and its pulling a constant power drain.