PDA

View Full Version : Battery is not charging.. warning light on

H2chucky1212
04-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Battery Light comes on and warning that battery is not charging. ... 2005 Hummer H2 Fues are fine light went off but came back on

fyr145
04-14-2012, 02:20 AM
Check battery with load tester, then check alternator with amp meter.

H2chucky1212
04-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Check battery with load tester, then check alternator with amp meter.

cool im on it..

giant h2
04-14-2012, 05:52 PM
if you bring it to a local parts store most will test for you at no charge

H2-USA
04-14-2012, 08:32 PM
I have a 2003 and experienced similar problems. Usually when I started it in the monring or after work (when vehicle was cold), I would get the Battery Not Charging, but after about 10 minutes, it would go away and the amp gauge would be normal. I had everything tested multiple times (of course when the vehicle was warmed up)

Finally, I gave it to the dealership AGAIN, explained everything about the early morning startup and the after work startup.
They let it sit overnight and then started it up. SURE ENOUGH, it thru the Battery Not Charging error and displayed the code in the computer that exposed the problem.

THE ALTERNATOR!!

Some type of "2 phase" alternator that seemed to kick-in after it got warmed up.

REPLACED IT and haven't had a problem since.

I hope my experience issue helps with yours.

LoJac963
04-14-2012, 11:12 PM
The ONLY time I get this message is if I let my truck sit with the key in the ingition with all the systems technically powered on but the truck not running. I just figured the battery was draining down a bit. The second I turn the rig on the message goes away. If I start it up right away the message doesn't show up. hmmmm

H2chucky1212
04-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Come to find out it was my alt: had my home boy give it a look see and he said it was the alt so i got a Ultima Select - Alternator
Part Number: 3275062... and had him put it in and made a video of the endz and outz of the atl:

so here it is take a look see...:excited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBTw_KCXeyU&feature=youtu.be