PDA

View Full Version : Sunvisor Removal - Need Your Help.

H2ummer
12-23-2004, 08:51 PM
In trying to put in a XM antenna on the roof next to the AM/FM antenna, I am having trouble with the Sunvisor. I needed to get behind the headliner and therefore needed to drop the sunvisor. I am pretty sure I have broken mine. I did get it down but am not sure how it is really supposed to come down. I used brute force and definetly broke the outer ring. How is this supposed to come down and go back up?
Now that I have mine down and looking up behind the headliner, I can see that there is a hole in the metal support that the sunvisor should go up in and somehow lock. Unfortunely, I got impatiant trying to get it down and I am sure that I may need a new one. Can anyone tell me the correct way to remove and put it back up? Pictures??
Thanks and Happy Holidays.
Wendell

H2ummer
In trying to put in a XM antenna on the roof next to the AM/FM antenna, I am having trouble with the Sunvisor. I needed to get behind the headliner and therefore needed to drop the sunvisor. I am pretty sure I have broken mine. I did get it down but am not sure how it is really supposed to come down. I used brute force and definetly broke the outer ring. How is this supposed to come down and go back up?
Now that I have mine down and looking up behind the headliner, I can see that there is a hole in the metal support that the sunvisor should go up in and somehow lock. Unfortunely, I got impatiant trying to get it down and I am sure that I may need a new one. Can anyone tell me the correct way to remove and put it back up? Pictures??
Wendell

H2ummer
Wendell

KenP
12-23-2004, 09:18 PM
This should get you started:

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=8536076325&r=8536076325#8536076325