PDA

View Full Version : Items needed install touchscreen

adamw89_2000
04-16-2012, 05:26 AM
I have an 05 sut with the stock 6 disk changer. The display has stopped working on it and I'm looking to install a touchscreen with navigation now... What all things will I need to make a unitk work and keep all my chimes and what not. Our local install shop said they won't even install a unit in my truck even if I buy it from them! What kinda crap is that.... They said they are to hard to install and have to many additional features to get it working properly.... I know it's just the matter of a couple right connectors... Any help on what I need? Also I hav headrest monitors in seTs. I'm pretty sure they r not factory... Can I hook up the touchscreen to play the DVD or video back on them as well? Thanks

smileynialley
04-16-2012, 07:33 AM
if you look in the technical section i posted a thread about how to connect headrest monitors to an aftermarket headunit. The principle is still the same weather the monitors are hummer ones(vizualogic) or aftermarket, the connections will just be slightly different.
You will have a live feed, negative feed and at least 2 connections for the av input.

My headunit was already installed but having looked at the back of it, it appaears that it is just a simple connector adaptor from hummers wiring to the headunit.
I havent managed to wire in the steering wheel controls yet but there is an option for it. Most headunits will have a few wires at the back of them for steering or remote controls. Apparently u cant just wire directly from the steering controls to the headunit, you need another connector.
Hope this helps in some way.

mrjernelson
06-22-2012, 06:00 AM
It's not diffucult to put and aftermarket indash in an H2. If your local stereo shop say they can't or won't do it then they should find a different business to be in. You need a mounting kit a wire harness and an antenna adapter. Here's the deal though. The wiring harness will not be cheap. And you have to figure out what you want to keep and/ or what you can do without. Do you have Bose? Do you want to keep the Bose? Do you have onstar? Do you want to keep onstar? Do you have steering wheel controls? Do you want to keep the wheel controls. Do you have Sat. Radio? Do you want Sat radio? You can keep everything except the OEM Sat radio. But you can add it to your aftermarket unit. Along with Reverse camera, Bluetooth, Ipod control, etc. Depending on what you have and want to keep will make the install take more or less time. You can find the parts you need from places like: Aamp of America, PAC, I Simple, Metra, Best Kits. The best thing to do is lose the Bose amp, but you will lose onstar. The easiest is to keep Bose and and Onstar.