PDA

View Full Version : Center Dash

06 SUT
04-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Can someone share some information on the part number for the foam strip that separates the center dash and console, and the 12V accessory outlet caps? Also, other than the 2 allen head screws, are there any other screws that need to be removed to pull the center dash out?

Thanks

H2R
04-21-2012, 11:33 PM
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6623&highlight=remove+dash

try this link.

giant h2
04-24-2012, 03:14 AM
Can someone share some information on the part number for the foam strip that separates the center dash and console, and the 12V accessory outlet caps? Also, other than the 2 allen head screws, are there any other screws that need to be removed to pull the center dash out?

Thanks
yes you have to remove the gear shift, cup holder and then 10mm bolts that hold down the console

[__--MUD--__]
04-24-2012, 03:31 AM
this is about the best online H2 parts look up site-

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/productSearch.aspx?ukey_model=14605&ukey_modelrange=0&ukey_make=1027

I doubt your going to find that foam, pretty sure that comes with the panel. Just do to any hardware store and look at their door stripping, same ****. Alot of those little parts like the 12 volt caps come complete w/ what ever panel its mounted to. If its available seperately it will be on that site.

guruerror
04-24-2012, 03:23 PM
']this is about the best online H2 parts look up site-

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/productSearch.aspx?ukey_model=14605&ukey_modelrange=0&ukey_make=1027

I doubt your going to find that foam, pretty sure that comes with the panel. Just do to any hardware store and look at their door stripping, same ****. Alot of those little parts like the 12 volt caps come complete w/ what ever panel its mounted to. If its available seperately it will be on that site.
Agreed...I replaced my foam with door weather stripping. The weather stripping actually seemed to be a better quality foam...more dense. I used the same to replace the foam around the inside of the AC vents (back side of the center dash bezel). The stock foam starts to deteriorate after a while and leaks heat inside the dash...it was causing my NAV to overheat in the winter months.

I bought replacement power plug caps a few years back: GM 12450047. You can't get the old, hard plastic '12v' caps any longer; only the softer plastic ones with the O strap. #24 on this diagram: http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=2626998&ukey_assembly=392259&ukey_make=1027&ukey_model=14605&ukey_driveline=0&ukey_trimlevel=15497&modelYear=2006

glennf1
04-26-2012, 01:32 AM
What about part # 25? That's what I have, the plug that looks like a knob.

[__--MUD--__]
04-26-2012, 06:26 AM
heheh, you mean the cigarette lighter?

06 SUT
05-04-2012, 01:51 AM
Thanks guys, I completed the removal of the center console, radio and installed the the APPRADIO from Pioneer. All that is left to do is the replacement of some small cosmetic items. Thanks

guruerror
05-04-2012, 01:54 AM
Thanks guys, I completed the removal of the center console, radio and installed the the APPRADIO from Pioneer. All that is left to do is the replacement of some small cosmetic items. Thanks
AppRadio or AppRadio2? Either way, let me know how you like it...

...and pics of the finished install, please.

06 SUT
05-04-2012, 02:00 AM
The AppRadio 2. I will provide some pics and feedback in the next couple of days. Long story short, it is definitely worth the money and performs very nice. The sound is great, but I started with the RZR MAXX and it definitely syncs up and performs better with the IPhone.

I will provide more later.

guruerror
05-04-2012, 02:14 PM
What about part # 25? That's what I have, the plug that looks like a knob.
When my old "12v" caps broke off of my front receptacles I replace all three outlets with #23 and 24 found here:

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=2626998&ukey_assembly=392259&ukey_make=1027&ukey_model=14605&ukey_driveline=0&ukey_trimlevel=15497&modelYear=2006

That way all three receptacles looked the same...matchy matchy. It was a cheap fix...I remember that.

06 SUT
05-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Here are a couple of shots of it installed.

I was able to use it extensively yesterday on a quick road trip I am not quite sure about my thoughts about it. It is a great concept, but having to use the Iphone and the radio at the same time for a few functions gets a little cumbersome. I have extra apps installed and on most of them you have to be streaming music or using internet radio to multi-task. The only map program that will let you input data on the radio screen natively is Google maps. Although the MotionX GPS has better functionality you can purchase a separate license to get touch screen control.

Don't misunderstand, this is a great radio with possibilities. The sound quality is exceptional, mind you I did not upgrade the amp or speakers. It sits in the dash very nicely and looks nice. A I stated before, it syncs up with the Iphone much better than with Android, but I kept an Android device inorder to use DashCommand since the Apple bluetooth will not recognize an ELM.

Installation was straight forward with the ASWC, GMOS-04 and antenna adapter and Pioneer is getting clever with the emergency brake interlock. You now have to set, release and rest in order for all functions to operate.

My final thoughts as of this....I am seriously thing about getting the AVIC-Z140BH. I like to be able to use an internal NAV unit vice using the phone and with the phone always working, it really heats up, and it also supports AdvanceApp mode.

guruerror
05-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Agreed...when I was comparing the two the AVIC-Z140BH seemed like a better solution simply because it doesn't RELY on the phone for anything. It can use the phone just like AppRadio, but it doesn't NEED it for nav or any thing else.

Your install looks good though...nice job. It seems to fill the hole a bit more than my old AVIC did.