PDA

View Full Version : 4.88 gears!

Hellz
05-03-2012, 04:06 PM
so im finally back stateside, and one of the first things i did was schedule a regear for my H2 with Burnsville Off-road.

$1700 for the whole process.
take it in on Weds :( wont have my baby for 2 days!

tossing the idea around of throwing a locker in the front, but still up in the air.
since i have a little time, any last minute things i should add in there for them to do?

Im sure they arent too thrilled to work on my H2 as they are primarily focus on jeep modifications and hemi swaps. But hey, if they treat my baby good, then when the wife picks up a jeep, i would have no problems giving them business.

i am really hoping i see some MPG gain. right now im getting 8.9mpg. honestly, i feel there is plenty of power even with 37 inch tires. Braking is no problem.

i think i will need to get a new tuner... Right now i have a old azz diablo tuner i paid $99 for. It doesnt have internet update capability, so it is very limited. IIRC it does have the option for 4.88 gears. im thinking of maybe one of those Edge tuners or s Diablo Trinity, or maybe something else with a fancy display.
anyone have exp with one of these, or can recommend a better one?

****i just posted on Diablos website and asked if moving to the Trinity is worth it for newer performance updates. The reply said that they havent updated the tunes in years. so hmm... i do like the display for the Diablo Trinity, but to pay $600 for it.. i dont know...

[__--MUD--__]
05-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Id say get on some of the bigger GM truck forums and look for someone selling an HP Tuners setup. You can get them pretty reasonable used. Thats a real programmer...not just a box where you select your options.