PDA

View Full Version : diablo tuner = dead PCM

Hellz
05-11-2012, 03:41 PM
arghh..

so picked up my H2 from BOR. they just installed my 4.88 gears, and couldnt program it because i already had a tune in. no biggie..

i get home after driving it for a whole 5 mins and plug in the tuner.. was a DTC code for the MAF sensor... no biggie.. cleared it off..changed the gear settings and there was an error when saving it.. not installing it.

after a reboot of the tuner, and i think i turned the car off at some point... the H2 wont start now.

happened before and after letting the H2 sit.. i was able to start it.. not this time.

after talking to diablo, they say i have to send the PCM and tuner in. tuner is very old.. and i have to pay $99 to upgrade it.

even if i bought a new tuner.. i still need to send it in to recove the PCM....

plus.. the H2 is in the middle of my driveway and the inlaws will be here this afternoon!

glennf1
05-13-2012, 03:08 AM
You didn't power cycle during the flash did you?

DRTYFN
05-13-2012, 05:59 AM
Tuners :raar: :giggling:

OrangeCrush
05-14-2012, 12:13 AM
arghh..

so picked up my H2 from BOR. they just installed my 4.88 gears, and couldnt program it because i already had a tune in. no biggie..

i get home after driving it for a whole 5 mins and plug in the tuner.. was a DTC code for the MAF sensor... no biggie.. cleared it off..changed the gear settings and there was an error when saving it.. not installing it.

after a reboot of the tuner, and i think i turned the car off at some point... the H2 wont start now.

happened before and after letting the H2 sit.. i was able to start it.. not this time.

after talking to diablo, they say i have to send the PCM and tuner in. tuner is very old.. and i have to pay $99 to upgrade it.

even if i bought a new tuner.. i still need to send it in to recove the PCM....

plus.. the H2 is in the middle of my driveway and the inlaws will be here this afternoon!

I hate to break the news to you but you probably fried your ECM. I did the same thing with the same tuner when I got overly anxious and turned the key too early. (except I was in FL on my way home to NC)

I ended up having to replace the ECM (got a used one out of a junkyard)

Good luck,

Mark

Hellz
05-14-2012, 04:37 AM
so after spending the weekend to think thigns through..

i pulled the PCM/ECM today and will box it up.
i already submitted a RMA request, so hopefully that will get approved tomorrow (monday) as they are closed on the weekends ( not sure how a business like this does not have 24/7 support)

spend the $99 and get an upgraded tuner out of the deal and just be out of a vehicle for the next 3 or so days. atleast i got the wifes grand am to cruise in...

i think i will look in to a spare PCM from a junk yard or ebay.
if i get a PCM from a wrecked H2, do i still need to get it flashed to my H2?
wouldnt mind the thought of having a performance PCM and a stock one for whatever reasons.

on the positive side...the H2 is at 1/4th a tank.. so thats about $100 i saved not having to fuel up.. and gas went up $.14 cents friday to $3.69 here.. on average i spend about $100 on gas a week.. so i guess it works itself out in the end.

i think i might pull the grill and go get it line-X... might finally do the door sills as well with a roll on application of bed liner

OrangeCrush
05-14-2012, 01:25 PM
i think i might pull the grill and go get it line-X... might finally do the door sills as well with a roll on application of bed liner

Good time as any to get 'er done. You know you can buy that line-x material in a spray can which might make it a cleaner install.

Let us know what happens with the ECM.

Mark

Hellz
05-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Good time as any to get 'er done. You know you can buy that line-x material in a spray can which might make it a cleaner install.

Mark

what kind of prep work needs to be done before using?

OrangeCrush
05-14-2012, 04:00 PM
If it were me, I'd degrease the area first and then use a gray scotchbrite pad to scuff the area. Mask it off and spray several light coats. I think you'll find it'll stick like crazy if you do that.

Mark

guruerror
05-14-2012, 07:00 PM
If it were me, I'd degrease the area first and then use a gray scotchbrite pad to scuff the area. Mask it off and spray several light coats. I think you'll find it'll stick like crazy if you do that.

Mark
:iagree:

Hellz
05-14-2012, 08:59 PM
well couldnt find lineX in a can, so i bought some dupont bedliner instead.

will get it cleaned up and take care of the door sills first to see how it turns out.
im just a little worried about the color matching before i do the grill. i dont like how bedliners turn a grayish/ash color after awhile.

guruerror
05-14-2012, 09:04 PM
well couldnt find lineX in a can, so i bought some dupont bedliner instead.

will get it cleaned up and take care of the door sills first to see how it turns out.
im just a little worried about the color matching before i do the grill. i dont like how bedliners turn a grayish/ash color after awhile.
LOL...you can't get "Line-X" in a can. It's Duplicolor or Rustoleum spray-on bed liner.

Here's some threads with info on the product:

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40514&highlight=duplicolor
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42463&highlight=bed+armor

OrangeCrush
05-14-2012, 10:15 PM
LOL...you can't get "Line-X" in a can. It's Duplicolor or Rustoleum spray-on bed liner.

Here's some threads with info on the product:

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40514&highlight=duplicolor
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42463&highlight=bed+armor

LOL, guess I should have been more specific...

Mark

Hellz
05-14-2012, 11:04 PM
It's all good. I was worried that maybe I was buying an inferior product, so it all worked out

Now I just got to work this project around the numerous house projects I got going on.:beerchug:

Hellz
05-17-2012, 05:21 PM
so got a call from Diablo, they have my PCM and it will ship out today back to me! yay!

anyways, this is for the Line-X coatings.

I had previously used the Duplicolor bedliner on my rear tailights guard. i decided to touch it up yesterday, but havent gotten to my grill yet.

My question is, have you guys used the roll on bedliner of the same product?
i used the spray can on my ailight guards, but that seems a little dullish. while the roll on bedliner seemed a little more glossy, but would take multiple coats.

anyone have any pics of a geill done with the spray can liner?
or better yet, a roll on bedliner?

i have a black H2, so trying to find something that will somewhat match up