PDA

View Full Version : just got the clunk

rogco
05-15-2012, 09:05 AM
well i notice a clunk when i got from stop to apply the gas . gas as i apply the gas its like a clunk and i can feel a bit of lag from the rear . plus when i drive it feels like its holding back alittle . is it just the normal GM clunk or should i look farther into it. and i started to notice this after i installed my diablo tuner

SMITH23H2SUT
05-15-2012, 02:39 PM
well i notice a clunk when i got from stop to apply the gas . gas as i apply the gas its like a clunk and i can feel a bit of lag from the rear . plus when i drive it feels like its holding back alittle . is it just the normal GM clunk or should i look farther into it. and i started to notice this after i installed my diablo tuner
If you have a spare tire carrier on the back,make sure it's fully locked in. I go to carwash and after detailing my SUT often forget to fully lock it in, as a result when stepping on the accelerator the carrier goes backward into the cable which the pin is locked into and it feels like transmission and gears are slipping.Scared the hell out of me the first time it happened,thought my transmission was going.

rogco
05-16-2012, 06:07 PM
well i feel like an idiot haha it was the rear tire carrier. thank you

SMITH23H2SUT
05-20-2012, 03:26 AM
:raar: well i feel like an idiot haha it was the rear tire carrier. thank you