PDA

View Full Version : new tailgate handle installed

Rico001
05-16-2012, 05:11 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Hummer-Smooth-Chrome-Billet-Replacement/dp/B00409MMTO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1337138939&sr=8-4

This last weekend we replaced our broken tailgate handle on our 2003 H2.
It was a little difficult to do since the old handle broke off and left the door in the closed position. Removing the plastic inner door molding was not easy to do from the inside and the cables that control the old door handle and the two locking latches are a puzzle.

The new handle uses the old hardware and basically snaps in and the old license plate pocket re installs like normal.

The high polished chrome finish was not what I was looking for but, I really have to say the price savings for the handle vs the complete license plate pocket with the plastic handle is worth it if that is all is needed.
~Richard

LoJac963
05-16-2012, 11:43 PM
spray it with plasti dip if you don't want the chrome look. Completely reversible if you don't like it. However if you do want it black for sure I'd say stuff the hell out of the chrome and just paint it black.

Rico001
05-17-2012, 12:30 AM
spray it with plasti dip if you don't want the chrome look. Completely reversible if you don't like it. However if you do want it black for sure I'd say stuff the hell out of the chrome and just paint it black.

It looks pretty good and blends with the the chrome strip over license plate so I will most likely keep it like it is. ~Richard