PDA

View Full Version : 4.88 gears and ABS+TC lights on

Hellz
05-23-2012, 12:23 AM
so finally got my H2 up and running again. Diablo loaded a tune, and put the 4.88 gears in, but im guessing they didnt put in the 37 inch tires. right now my speedo is way off, and i have ABS and the TC light on.

just curious if this goes away when all tuned correctly, or will i have to live with it from now on?

slippy
05-24-2012, 02:07 AM
Are you using a handheld tuner or a pcm replacement tune?

Hellz
05-24-2012, 04:15 AM
Handheld diablo predator U7193

When I got regeared, both lights came on, and the tech couldn't do anything since I had a tune installed. Even if I didn't, their HP tuner didn't go to 4.88

My diablo tuner goes from 4.56 to 5.13... Completely skipping over 4.88

I left a thread on diablos forum, they said they will have to do a custome tune for the gears and tires.

Think my only other option is to raise my gear settings and play with tire sizes until the lights go out

[__--MUD--__]
05-24-2012, 07:12 AM

When I got regeared, both lights came on, and the tech couldn't do anything since I had a tune installed. Even if I didn't, their HP tuner didn't go to 4.88

If your talking about the actul "HP Tuners" programmer, they are full of ****.

OrangeCrush
06-07-2012, 02:12 AM

My diablo tuner goes from 4.56 to 5.13... Completely skipping over 4.88

I left a thread on diablos forum, they said they will have to do a custome tune for the gears and tires.

Think my only other option is to raise my gear settings and play with tire sizes until the lights go out

Been there, done that...

Don?t quote me on the exact number but you can?t install over 38?s on the Diablo tuner (I mean, you CAN but it will still set off lights)

With my 4.56?s and 40?s, I had to play at least 20 times with a series of combinations.

My suggestion is to set the tuner (same Diablo I have) at 37?s and increase the gear ratio.

I think I had to use 37?s with 4.90 gear ratios.

The cool thing about Diablo is it is one of the only handheld tuner you can change both tire size and gear ratios.

I spent hours figuring it out and was told the only other cure is to take the PCM to a tuner and they can change the perimeters in which the ABS sensors read the rotations.

Try what I said about the tuner, I think you?ll find it will work.

HTH?s,

Mark

Hellz
06-07-2012, 06:35 PM
i just got a custom tune from Diablo last night. In it they added 4.88 gears.
before the tune, my options skipped 4.88 all together. it just listed 4.56 then jumped to 5.13, no 4.88.

So diablo created this tune that has 4.88
i have set the tire size by the full measurement, and by inchs..
318x68x20 - this did not get rid of it so i tried
37x12.50x20

right now, i have the custom tune installed w/ 4.88's and the tire set by 37 inchs.

i even tried lowering the tire size but keeping the gear the same.