PDA

View Full Version : rear diff TC wire... need help/info

Hellz
06-07-2012, 03:22 PM
So i had my H2 regeared recently, and have had my ABS and TC2 lights on this whole time. I have used my diablo predator to change the gears and everything, but it does not get rid of the lights. i have disconnected the battery and so on..

H2MUCH said he had a similiar problem when he regeared, and said the shop pinched/broke the TC wire that goes inside the top of the diff.

i have tried looking for a part # for this wire.. but i dont know if i will need to crack the diff in order to replace it or not. i am hoping i can simply pull the cable out from the top and replace it..

so to clarify, im not talking about the ABS wires... those go to each side of the Diff...

the wire i am talking about runs to the top of the diff, and actually goes inside from the top.

any information would be helpful on this.. thanks

HUMTECH
06-07-2012, 07:13 PM
If the wires are broken the diff needs to come apart. The coil lock is behind the side bearing on the center section of the differential. Its not recommended these wires to be repaired, standard practice would be to replace the coil lock

Hellz
06-07-2012, 07:18 PM
can this be repaired by simply pulling the diff cover off and working around the pinion and shaft.. or does it all need to come out?

HUMTECH
06-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Its been awhile since ive been inside one but im pretty sure it will all have to come apart.