PDA

View Full Version : Corvette Tranny Servo

pdxrealtor
06-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Is this a DIY mod? The part is not much at all.

I am going to have to change filter and if it's not to involved cant see why I wouldn't put the servo in.

Any special tools needed?

jsbihn
06-17-2012, 08:25 PM
yes I would too like to read or look at a DIY for this
(DIY with pics is always the best!!)

Since I am sure that i will be placing another order for more parts

pdxrealtor
06-19-2012, 05:49 AM
Anyone?

Man.. is it me or is this forum dead?

jsbihn
06-19-2012, 12:22 PM
pdx,
I might not have been on here very long, but it usually takes a little while to get a response.
I know guruerror is always good for a intelligent and helpful response (guess thats why he picked the name GURU - error)

Personally I am about to do this mod and the 160 degree thermo on the truck and Vette, so I am curious.

PaHumBug
06-19-2012, 04:34 PM
I think Hellz has done this mod... Or at least someone has, anyone? anyone?

Hellz
06-19-2012, 05:16 PM
i havent done it.. i have a link to another forum that lists and shows pics of step by step process.

if you search for corvette servo install 2nd link has tons of pics and if you search 460le corrovette servo install has some vids.

right now, with the 4.88's installed, i get real quick and hard shifts.. so not sure i need this mod.. but it is always something to consider...

PaHumBug
06-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Oh I know! I think it was --MUD-- that did it. Damnit someone did...

pdxrealtor
06-19-2012, 08:29 PM
H2R did it... It was only mentioned though, and not really discussed.

I ordered one. If it turns out to be too much of a PITA I'll just skip it. It was only 16.00....

I did talk to a tranny shop here locally who said it's a worthwhile addition. He said sometimes it's easy to install and sometimes there's so much other crap to remove first that it can get involved.

He quoted me 200.00 to do it. Lol. No thanks.

pdxrealtor
06-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Here's a link with tons of pictures :

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-drivetrain-suspension-22/corvette-servo-install-w-alot-pics-476223/

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37596 <-- talks about it, no pictures and the link to the install is not pulling up anything related

Hellz
06-19-2012, 09:28 PM
ya the first one is the one i would go off of.
i didnt want to post links to another forum... but hey

it doesnt look like its too much of a PITA as you arent working under the vehicle the whole time. just pop the servo out and work at a table or something, and pop it back in.

from what i was told, it is fairly quick install too. like 30 mins or less.

im sure the wife is tired of me working on the H2... i spend more time under the vehicle than i do her.... but /shrug.. maybe somethign worth doing.

like i said tho.. currently my shifts are crisp, and hard. launchs are solid.. not that im drag racing, i just have a heavy foot, and hate when someone is driving slow in front of me.

Hellz
06-19-2012, 10:09 PM
****it... i went ahead and ordered the servo from OPI.....

with all the talk about it... it will be on my mind for awhile.... now when im looking for something to do... ill have something..

maybe not this weekend.. maybe 4th of july.. hmm 5 day weekend...

pdxrealtor
06-19-2012, 10:36 PM
:beerchug:

Hellz
06-19-2012, 10:47 PM
really... 30 min install...$21 shipped.....
so what if my shifts are firm right now.. this will only help get more life out the tranny.. and god knows i beat the hell out of it as is...

anyways... thats what im using as an excuse right now...