PDA

View Full Version : QUIET EXHAUST

WHITE BEAST
07-24-2003, 11:03 AM
WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS WHICH MANUFACTURER MAKES THE QUIETEST EXHAUST SYSTEM. I'D LOVE TO ADD AN EXHAUST SYSTEM, SIMPLY CANT STAND THE NOISES SOME OF THEM MAKE.

2003 WHITE LUX, ALPINE NAV, DVD, TUNER, 3 SCREENS, COLD AIR INTAKE, CHIP, VENTED SNORKELS, CHROME DASH AND MATS

WHITE BEAST
07-24-2003, 11:03 AM
WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS WHICH MANUFACTURER MAKES THE QUIETEST EXHAUST SYSTEM. I'D LOVE TO ADD AN EXHAUST SYSTEM, SIMPLY CANT STAND THE NOISES SOME OF THEM MAKE.

2003 WHITE LUX, ALPINE NAV, DVD, TUNER, 3 SCREENS, COLD AIR INTAKE, CHIP, VENTED SNORKELS, CHROME DASH AND MATS

Big Z
07-24-2003, 12:58 PM
The one you have now is probably, the quietest you can get.

Apex IV
07-25-2003, 01:24 AM
Drove a unit today with the Corsa "sport" with tips out the back. Dealer just installed and went on a short highway drive to evaluate before purchasing (we just bought four matching H2's.) I found that it was too noisy for my taste. Seemed noisier from the driver's seat than the passenger seat. Did not evaluate from rear seats (since I like to drive - LOL.) Also, noticed no appreciable power gains, but the unit I drove was bone stock except for the exhaust. I understand the "touring" version is not as loud inside or out and I will report on same when they get one in. I have driven my current H2 for almost a year and find the stock exhaust to be acceptable, but like most (all?) H2 owners, I long for more huevos in the lower end, so I'll be following this thread with interest.

HMSH2
07-25-2003, 02:33 AM
I will have to agree that the Corsa sport is loud. I have the Corsa sport along with headers on my H2 and find it to be quite loud. A Denali with B&B Triflow exhaust and AS&M long tube headers is definitely quieter and gives off a significantly more refined sound. Don't get me wrong, I love my exhaust setup, but if you are looking for something quiet... Corsa sport is not the way to go.

Hood Motorsports

- 1967 427 L71 Corvette (99%+ Bloomington Gold Certified, restored to original)
- 1998 Lingenfelter 383 C5 (over 500hp and 11's in the 1/4 mile)
- 2001 GMC Yukon Denali (22" wheels and tires, extensive multimedia system, and performance mods)
- 2002 Cadillac Escalade (Wife's/Mom's ride)
- 2003 H2 (Breathless Performance Stage 2B Package)

Skulz
07-25-2003, 03:57 PM
This isn't related to exhaust, but someone else mentioned Ziebart on another thread today so I'll give you my 2cents too!

You can try the Ziebart treatment that not only is supposed to help prevent rust, but it is also supposed to add an additional sound barrier on your underbody.

Try www.ziebart.com (http://www.ziebart.com) to see some details. It cost me around 300 or so for both rust & underbody and I'm satisfied with the job.

I don't think you want the corsa touring either if you are concerned about sound...check their (corsa's h2 page) sound page for some samples. I have the sport and love it, but I wanted a loud exhaust.

Apex IV
07-26-2003, 01:28 PM
I thought that the sound files on their site demonstrated that the touring exhaust was considerably quieter INSIDE @ highway speeds, which for me, is where the "problem" might be with the louder exhaust. Wish they had matching sound files for a stock exhaust. Think I'll post that suggestion on that forum...

-Randall Garrett-