PDA

View Full Version : All fluid change and more info

jsbihn
06-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Hey all,
So I did a search and got some info but not all together.
Recently I remember there was someone who said you should use certain fluids on the truck.

So basically what I am trying to to find out is:
what all fluids need to be and can be changed?
what fluid should be used in all of these areas (I know they are different fluids, I mean like I heard someone say use a certain tranny fluid, or a certain diff fluid, and so on... because they are better)
And if possible, where are all the fill and drain point for these parts?
I figure this might make a good sticky too

thanks all

jsbihn
06-28-2012, 01:24 AM
?????

pdxrealtor
06-28-2012, 01:42 AM
I just did all my fluids... all the info should be in my 50k thread. I don't have it all right in front of me but I can certainly look it up if you need. Here's what I remember---

I used Redline 75-90 in the front/rear diffs(drain plug is down low and fill plug is up high- can't miss em')
Redline D4 (dex 3 equivanlent) in the transfer case- they have a high temp that from what I read might have worked better. (same fill/drain points as the diffs)
The tranny I had flushed and they used the dex 4 that is called for- use a shop that you trust and uses a low pressure flush. No Jiffy lube. Make sure the filter is changed.

Royal Purple synthetic in the motor

Dex cool in the cooling system

Evinrude/Johnson triple guard grease in the front end

That's all I can think of right now. Please double check as like I said I don't have my list in front of me.

glennf1
06-28-2012, 03:13 AM
Thanks pdxrealtor.... the only thing I want to add that I put in your thread also is it's better to use the GM Dexron VI spec transmission fluid in the transmission and t-case.