PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Custom 08 Hummer H2 on Chevy Chassis $8,900

DirtyCole
07-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Here we have my 08 Hummer H2 mounted on an 01 Chevy Tahoe. This was my daily driver from 2010 to early this year when I got tired of not having a bed to haul with, and bought a cheap silverado.
It is titled and licensed as the salvage titled tahoe that the chassis and drive-train were from.

The advantages of using the tahoe are better gas mileage(16-18mpg) than the 6.0L, cheaper insurance, and cheaper taxes.

It has the 5.3L V-8 with 134,450 miles, automatic transmission, push-button 4x4, CD player, power windows and leather seats, sunroof, and 20inch custom wheels.

Things to consider: The AC compressor is locked up, so no air, the roof lights need wired up as the tahoe had none, the majority of the interior is from the tahoe and is missing the headliner as well as other miscellaneous trim, the front leather is in pretty rough shape.

The Hummer was a GM Test and Development vehicle, and is now the only 6-lug, half-ton Hummer H2 that I know of. I hate to see it go, but it just isn't practical for a school teacher who mows yards on the side.

I'm asking $8,900. I'm really looking for cash, but I would consider a partial trade with the majority of it in cash. I consider the trade value to be more like $10,000 though so no low balling please.
I do answer questions by email but not text-messages, but if your really serious call 606-205-5435. I'm located in KY.

I think it would be cool lifted, and would be awesome to haul your toys to the lake or track. This is cheap enough to customize it however you wish.
Thanks for looking. Pics are attached.

guruerror
07-09-2012, 01:39 PM
WTF?

:notallthere: ...the things that people do. This poor thing just needs to be taken to a salvage yard and shot to be put out of its misery; but that's just my opinion.

fyr145
07-09-2012, 01:59 PM
WTF?

:notallthere: ...the things that people do. This poor thing just needs to be taken to a salvage yard and shot to be put out of its misery; but that's just my opinion.

Its the new "Hybrid" vehicle......................

It reminds me of the old Frankenstien movie with Lon Chainey back in the old days.

HummerMann
07-09-2012, 02:07 PM
I've seen some GM Test and Development late model vehicles command big $$$ at Barret Jackson. I'd get in touch with them with the vehicle's history and send them pictures. They also have a list of collectors that specialize in development vehicles.

guruerror
07-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Nothing about it makes sense... an 08 'GM Test Vehicle' mounted on a, then, 7 year old Tahoe frame with the 7 year old Tahoe mechanics and interior...what exactly were they 'testing?' The only part that appears to be Hummer is the body, and they 'tested' that prior to 03. LOL!

It reminds me of the body kits they used to put on Firebirds to make them look like Ferrari's: http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/08/pontiac-firebird-based-308-ferrari.html

The license plate on this vehicle should read "POSER"

I've seen some GM Test and Development late model vehicles command big $$$ at Barret Jackson. I'd get in touch with them with the vehicle's history and send them pictures. They also have a list of collectors that specialize in development vehicles.
I'd agree with you if this was an Hx...but I think this one is BS.

twinmill28
07-09-2012, 04:57 PM
I found a rolling H2 frame with fresh powdercoat for sale, includes t-case and suspension--I'd think putting this 08 out of it's misery may be premature. For $11g you'd have a deuce primed for a Duramax swap, just need to spend a couple grand more to complete the interior. This could have potential.......

pdxrealtor
07-10-2012, 08:25 PM
WTF?

:giggling: :giggling:

pwrhse2k
07-11-2012, 10:47 PM
It's a POS! And to try and glam up the upside of the build with this quote "The advantages of using the tahoe are better gas mileage(16-18mpg) than the 6.0L, cheaper insurance, and cheaper taxes." is ridiculous! :lame:

racer24
07-15-2012, 12:07 AM
What the Hell is this guy trying to sell? Did you see the inside picture the seats are ripped and steering column with wires showing. I see its from Kentucky. I see a scene from Deliverence with who ever buys that. Squeal like a pig boy!!!!!!:violin: I hear banjo music....LOL