PDA

View Full Version : Diablo InTune- Just bought it

pdxrealtor
08-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Just bought the Diablo InTune and custom tune package from DiabLew. :D

Thanks HELLZ for referring me to the link. He seems to be the man for custom tunes with the Diablo, and goes through quite the process dialing it in.

Cost 485.00. I could have bought a used on on Amazon for 310.00 and saved about 40.00 bucks but when I weighed the warranty vs. no warranty it wasn't worth it to save the little bit of cash.

It broke down to 350.00 for the tuner (very hard to find for less than this price) and 135.00 for the custom tunes.

Local dyno shop familiar with trucks (most are cars) wanted 400.00 for one dyno tune. Re-tunes are 300.00.

DiabLew seemed to be the best, most efficient, most thorough, option for anything outside what already comes on the tuner.

:popcorn:

Hellz
08-22-2012, 04:36 PM
let me know how this works out for you.

someday when i get the $$$ to do all the mods and catch up to you, this is the route i will go.

pdxrealtor
08-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Will do....

You can get this mod first and notice, from what I read, a great improvement with a Diablew tune. Then have him adjust the tune as the mods come in.

I can't believe I didn't look into this chip thing when I first starting adding mods to my truck.

The long tubes are nice, but the tranny is really holding it back.

Hellz
08-22-2012, 11:27 PM
well i have a diablo tuner already, its just not a In-Tune one.

i can still do a customized one with diablew... i just dont feel its the right time just yet.

after new headers and exhaust would be a good time.

i do agree i think the tranny is a weak point. i have thought about moving up to a 6 sp when this one finally goes out. my current one is still working very good.. so who knows...

like i tell anyone who listens.. i will run this H2 in to the ground, and then rebuild it with a different engine and do it again.

my personal opinion is:

the H2 gets crappy MPG.. throw a big block in there and give it a real excuse to get crappy MPG. im thinking a 454 or a 502 BB engine.

one a happy note... i just hit 9.9 MPG yesterday on my average mpg :)
i was at 8.8 with the 4.10 gears.. it is slowly climbing with the 4.88's.

stock before any mods when i drove it off the dealers lot it showed 11.4 mpg average.

so im happy to be close to double digits with all the mods i have listed in my sig.
i dont drive my H2 like a pavement pricess though.. i stomp the pedal, and normal cruising is about 80 MPH for me. i like to get where im going fast, but in style.

pdxrealtor
08-23-2012, 01:28 AM
You could do the Diablew now and future updates are free, although it does take time.

Congrats on getting better gas mileage. I'm hoping all of these mods add up to some of the same for myself.... but after all... it is a Hummer. ; )

pdxrealtor
08-24-2012, 07:42 AM
Got the intune and put the loaded 87 tune on.

Wow.... Although its hard to say with 100% confidence since I have other mods , I'm gonna go ahead and say this is the first mod I should have done.

If for nothing else it makes the tranny do things I never thought possible. Repeat... It makes the tranny do things I never thought possible.

Can't wait to find out what the diablew tune does.

Unbelievable !

painguy
09-05-2012, 03:13 AM
can you please post the link from where to purchase tuner and tunes. thanks

pdxrealtor
09-05-2012, 06:41 PM
can you please post the link from where to purchase tuner and tunes. thanks

http://diablosport.com/

http://www.dslogredux.com/diablew_tune/index2.html

You can save a few bucks if you buy your programmer from Lew.

pdxrealtor
09-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Almost done with tune, still trying to dial in the low end torque from tune 1 that was lost in tune 2 and 3.

I have tune 4 that hopefully has the low end, below 2000-2500, back in it.

Unbelievable the difference between the 87 Diablo tune and the custom Diablew tune. Well worth the small fee he charges.

H2Much
09-10-2012, 04:04 AM
Do you mean you are manually tuning it?

pdxrealtor
09-10-2012, 04:24 AM
No .. sorry if that was confusing.

I bought the tuner in combination with a custom tune with a guy named diablew, or Lew.

He's manually tuning it based on driving logs I send him, done with the inTune, via his extended CMR software.

The custom Lew tune is cheap, especially since he'll update it for added mods in the future. Once mine's dialed in I also get a 92 octane tune.... you know.... for when I take the old H2 down to the drag strip... lol

http://www.dslogredux.com/diablew_tune/index2.html

H2Much
09-11-2012, 05:02 AM
Nice. I may be getting to modded out for my Superchips tuner, so I may need to hit you up on this at some point if you end up getting awesome results. Hard to tell though because just addin gthe chip makes such a difference, I wonder if the custom tune will make even more of a difference. You will have to let me know if it is noticeable.

pdxrealtor
09-11-2012, 05:38 AM
I can already tell you there is a night and day difference between the canned diablo tune and the lew tune.

Even between lew tune number 1 and lew tune number 3 is huge. I'm on tune 4 now and have 70 miles on it. The low end grunt in 1 gear is almost as good as tune 1 but the upper rpms rip, and it's so smooth.