PDA

View Full Version : SEMA 2012

H2Much
11-10-2012, 10:23 PM
So I was at SEMA all week last week and I saw so many four door Jeeps that I was about to puke. Funny how they conveniently filled the niche that the H2 left behind and now they are filling in their losses with money that would have bought H2's.

On that same note, I only saw 2 H2's at SEMA this year, and they were both lame stockers. Pretty lame showing for the Duece, I was dissapointed. I also only saw 1 H1. There was a military one there too, but I didn't count any of the non-civilian versions.

I wonder what it would take to get a bunch of us down there next year to promote the brand and put our truck on display? I can tell you right now, our trucks are way nicer than most of the garbage I saw this year hands down. Would be sweet to see a line of beefy H2's all lined up next to each other dominating the view.

twinmill28
11-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Man, that's awesome you got to do SEMA, one of the items on both my wife and I bucket list.

As for the HUMMER showing at SEMA---realistically, that's what you've got to expect. SEMA showcases all the latest new and innovative products for the automotive industry. Vendors are targeting mass markets like the Jeep where their products fit a wide variety of mass produced vehicles that will be in production for years to come=dollars and company health and growth.
It does not make finanacial sense to to develop products for dinosaurs that are now obsolete and the numbers dwindling by the day with every time one comes off the road and into a wrecking yard or somebodies driveway as a project that may not get worked for years, if ever.
The sad truth is that HUMMER's are now done, stick a fork in them. They had their glory at SEMA from 2003 up to about 2008.
If we all showed up at a show like SEMA, people would probably think, cool ride, but they still wouldn't jump to mass produce parts for them that would only sit on the shelf and collect dust.
Trust me on this--I've been one of the guys swooping in on killer parts deals where vendors were selling brand new parts at less than half retail just to get rid of them.

ROUSHDEMON
11-13-2012, 11:49 PM
I went to SEMA as well, I did notice there were only 2 H2s and one of them was this ugly ass chromed out yellow stocker if I remember correctly..... so bad that I didn't even take a picture of it, I might have it on video though...

I did see the 5,385 4-door Jeeps everywhere, I asked around all these aftermarket manufacturers if they would make parts for Hummers and most of them laughed.........azzholes. Dudes from FTS were pretty cool though, they love Hummers and took the time to explain what goes into their lift kits. I got lots of stickers, ha!:clapping:

snmazer
11-14-2012, 04:02 AM
Did they have the Humvee C-Series kit on display?

ROUSHDEMON
11-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Did they have the Humvee C-Series kit on display?

I didn't see it.

H2005
11-16-2012, 12:20 AM
Check out the Zibar,It was at Sema
http://www.zibarusa.com/Zibar-MK2.htm

guruerror
11-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Check out the Zibar,It was at Sema
http://www.zibarusa.com/Zibar-MK2.htm
Are they Israeli?

H2005
11-16-2012, 03:13 PM
I think they are Israeli but there is a contact number also in Arizona.
http://www.zibarusa.com/Contact-Us.htm

ROUSHDEMON
11-16-2012, 03:24 PM
oh THOSE things, YES! I did see them, I have a few pictures of them I'll post when I get home. They looked pretty badass, but I much rather have an original H1.

This looks like I would be H1-wannabe driving around. :twak:

KruBruder
11-20-2012, 04:41 AM
I don't think that is the Hummer C-Series they are talking about. The AM General C-Series is the Original H1 without the drivetrain. You buy the basic stuff for $60K and add the drivetrain and another fortune customizing it.

KruBruder
11-20-2012, 04:41 AM
http://www.genuinehumveekit.com/

H2Much
11-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Yep, I saw those things there too. They looked pretty cool and were almost identically engineered like the H1. I initially thought that it was just an H1 that was modified to look that way, pretty funny.