PDA

View Full Version : How to program Keyless entry

Edward Avila
08-18-2004, 07:17 PM
I need to know how to program a new keyless entry transmitter to my vehicle. It only came with one transmitter, and I obtained a second.

1996 - someone has wired a seperate wire to the receiver, and labelled it 'Program Keylees'. Not sure what I need to do with this wire in order to program (apply voltage? ground?) In addition, this vehicle only locks/unlocks with the good transmitter. Is there a way to enable the alarm or other options?

2001- This vehicle actually has a button on the receiver that says 'Program'. I'm just not sure how to do it, and I don't want to disable the one good transmitter.

Obviously I have no idea what I'm doing, nor do I have access to a shop manual. Any input and advice would be appreciated. I have searched the web and was unable to come up with any documentation that discussed these 'Program' buttons or listed the years I'm asking about. Thanks in advance for any help.

Edward Avila
I need to know how to program a new keyless entry transmitter to my vehicle. It only came with one transmitter, and I obtained a second.

1996 - someone has wired a seperate wire to the receiver, and labelled it 'Program Keylees'. Not sure what I need to do with this wire in order to program (apply voltage? ground?) In addition, this vehicle only locks/unlocks with the good transmitter. Is there a way to enable the alarm or other options?

2001- This vehicle actually has a button on the receiver that says 'Program'. I'm just not sure how to do it, and I don't want to disable the one good transmitter.

Obviously I have no idea what I'm doing, nor do I have access to a shop manual. Any input and advice would be appreciated. I have searched the web and was unable to come up with any documentation that discussed these 'Program' buttons or listed the years I'm asking about. Thanks in advance for any help.

Edward Avila