PDA

View Full Version : A/V upgrade help

vip808
11-11-2004, 05:35 AM
I'm in the process of adding a Eclipse AVX2404 , two Vizualogic monitors, and other goodies into my 2005 H2(just bought it a couple of weeks ago).
I was hoping to get some input on some installs because I was hoping to keep my OnStar and so far it isn't working. I believe my installer is using Soundgate products to do the install.
Right now I have the H/U and mointors in and hopefully by this Saturday my XBox will be molded into the center console and my center channel will be done.
I'm having problems with engine whine, so I bought Magnecor ignition wires but it didn't help.
I've been in touch with Soundgate and they have informed me that there are some bugs with the H2 interface that they are working on.
Has anyone successfully replaced their 2005 stock system and retained their OnStar features? If so what products did you use?

vip808
I'm in the process of adding a Eclipse AVX2404 , two Vizualogic monitors, and other goodies into my 2005 H2(just bought it a couple of weeks ago).
I was hoping to get some input on some installs because I was hoping to keep my OnStar and so far it isn't working. I believe my installer is using Soundgate products to do the install.
Right now I have the H/U and mointors in and hopefully by this Saturday my XBox will be molded into the center console and my center channel will be done.
I'm having problems with engine whine, so I bought Magnecor ignition wires but it didn't help.
I've been in touch with Soundgate and they have informed me that there are some bugs with the H2 interface that they are working on.
Has anyone successfully replaced their 2005 stock system and retained their OnStar features? If so what products did you use?

vip808

Klaus
11-11-2004, 09:29 AM
Try PAC's adapters:

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/onstar.htm

vip808
11-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Klaus,
before i did my install i only heard bad things about pac-adapters.. do you know anyone who has a 2005 and used pac's adapters successfully to replace their stock system?

Klaus
11-11-2004, 11:41 AM
I don't have any knowledge of 2005s with PAC adapters. However, folks here have had much better luck with PAC adapters than they have with Soundgate adapters.

IMHO, Soundgate has a real QC problem.

vip808
11-11-2004, 03:49 PM
Klaus,
thanks for the input and please excuse my ignorance but what is "QC"?

Klaus
11-11-2004, 04:04 PM
Quality Control. They are up to version 6 of their GM XM/CD adapter. Versions 1-5 suck!