PDA

View Full Version : largest wheel tire combo on stock suspension

jsbihn
05-11-2013, 10:37 PM
I am curious to know what is the tallest and widest width wheel tire combination that can fit on a stock ride height??

I am wanting to put a wheel and tire on my truck that will stick out some from the fender while also giving it a tire to fill in the wheel well... Give it a wider and taller stance... but I dont want to rub or loose turning ability by getting it too wide or too big

LoJac963
05-11-2013, 11:44 PM
There are a hundred possibilities and this has been discussed probably a million times. You need to search and read all the threads around the various hummer forums to help you out.

guruerror
05-12-2013, 02:59 AM
There are a hundred possibilities and this has been discussed probably a million times. You need to search and read all the threads around the various hummer forums to help you out.
Ain't that the damn truth...LOL!

jsbihn
05-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Ok, I guess what I meant to ask is something different then what was translated.
Yes you are right there are a million different ways to set this up.

What I am trying to find out is what are the clearance measurements from ground to the upper most part of the vehicle where it would contact?

And

What is the clearance needed to turn properly?

I have read many different wheels and tire combos and basically there is no definitive answer. Since some go with 18s or 19s or 20s.... And of course that changes the wheels aspects so you can never really get the exact measurement down.

Any help would be appreciated

LoJac963
05-13-2013, 01:01 AM
I agree for the most part there is no definitive answer because the variables are so great.

For instance if you want the ride height unchanged but want a larger rim then the rubber will be a rubber band around the thing. VV you could go with a 15" wheel with larger rubber like we used to do back in the day on lifted trucks.

Even the clearance for turning you asked about is different from rig to rig. Some stock will rub on the sway bars (my passenger side does) and some don't. Some can stuff 37's under there with no rubbing at all.

I am in the same boat trying to figure answers out. I would like 37's but I need to figure out the backspacing on the wheels I get so they can be pushed out a little so they don't rub. Also I need to find out if I will still fit in the garage since I only have 2-3 inches from the roof rack.

Keep searching around, you have to piece bits and pieces together from many various threads. Check mostly the tech sections of the different forums.