PDA

View Full Version : OEM Light switch for Off-Road lights

Acheron
12-31-2003, 07:05 PM
Does anybody know how to get a hold of a couple of the light switches that are shipped with the OEM brush guard and roof rack lights? I have looked all over for a GM part number and can't find anything. Two dealers parts departments I talked to had now idea how to get ahold of them individually. Any help is much appreciated. A part number would be perfect.

Acheron
12-31-2003, 07:05 PM
Does anybody know how to get a hold of a couple of the light switches that are shipped with the OEM brush guard and roof rack lights? I have looked all over for a GM part number and can't find anything. Two dealers parts departments I talked to had now idea how to get ahold of them individually. Any help is much appreciated. A part number would be perfect.

Centerfire
12-31-2003, 07:19 PM
NO clue.. However i took advice of our more learned members and took a road trip to radio Shack for similar looking switches.. I opted for the larger 20amp. Thye are less then $5.00 each.. The last GM switch I bought was $27.00..

Mike

Mike

Spike
12-31-2003, 07:39 PM
The radio shack switches appear to be the same size and operate the same way, the only difference is they don't have the little indicator light in them.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, Roof Rack Light Bar, Helo Maxx 8 Chrome Rims, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, MC2 Chrome Hood Handles, MC2 Chrome Hood Latches, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step

Centerfire
01-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Phil you are most likely correct.. I bought 5 or 6 of two different ones and put them away until all my stuff shows up ( It they ever show up) Either way should have enough butt to handle what needs to be done.

Mike

Acheron
01-01-2004, 12:36 PM
Thanks to all for the help.

I have several of the Radioshack switches for my backup plan. I have two of the OEM switches installed already installed in the overhead console and wanted to try to match the rest. I guess red will have to do. I do however like the blue switches from Autozone that another member posted.

TBarrow
01-01-2004, 02:18 PM
I am using the Pilot brand illuminated switches from AutoZone. They are a little smaller than the Radio Shack brand and don't have the square plastic trim they are just round. Currently 2 blue and 2 red.

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and exhaust, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.

TBarrow
01-01-2004, 09:11 PM
If you had the pilot brand and drilled the hole to large you can then go up to the RS brand as they require a larger diameter hole. I centered them in the overhead console.

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and exhaust, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.

Dick Renaud
01-02-2004, 12:24 AM
Here is the link to the Hella catalog page with the switch used in the oem kit:
http://www.hellausa.com/maineng/NewLook/ProdServ/pdfs/ElecProd3.pdf
The part numbers are 80590 for amber, 80592 for green and 80593 for red. (Hella part numbers)
These switches are rated at 20 amps which should be fine if you use relays.