PDA

View Full Version : 3/4 done with the lift installation.

OrangeCrush
10-29-2005, 12:25 AM
Being the impatient person I am, I decided today that I was going to start installing the Fabtech lift myself.

I started about 2pm and started tearing stuff off. I worked till about 9:30pm (had a friend stop by about 6... alot of that stuff takes two people to hold)

Anyway, got everything off and back on except the rear drop bracket for the torsion bars and the rear bracketry for the rear coil springs. I'll probably have another 3-4 hours in it.

The hardest and most time consuming part was cutting the bracket mounts off the front diff.

Having a shop full of air tools and a lift, it was nothing more than replacing parts with bigger parts.

Hope I didn't bore you guys, I'm really excited about finishing this... it'll look great.

Mark

OrangeCrush
10-29-2005, 12:25 AM
Being the impatient person I am, I decided today that I was going to start installing the Fabtech lift myself.

I started about 2pm and started tearing stuff off. I worked till about 9:30pm (had a friend stop by about 6... alot of that stuff takes two people to hold)

Anyway, got everything off and back on except the rear drop bracket for the torsion bars and the rear bracketry for the rear coil springs. I'll probably have another 3-4 hours in it.

The hardest and most time consuming part was cutting the bracket mounts off the front diff.

Having a shop full of air tools and a lift, it was nothing more than replacing parts with bigger parts.

Hope I didn't bore you guys, I'm really excited about finishing this... it'll look great.

Mark

H2chief
10-29-2005, 12:30 AM
Hurry up. Need pics.

VTSTOMPER
10-29-2005, 12:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2chief:
Hurry up. Need pics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif YAYAYAYAA!

OrangeCrush
10-29-2005, 12:51 AM
One thing guys I noticed. I thought there was bracketry to use the stock plate under the front bumper.

Apparently not, does anyone make a skid plate for lifted H2's?

Thanks,

Mark

VTSTOMPER
10-29-2005, 01:02 AM
or not. Nevermind.

rodster
10-29-2005, 01:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OrangeCrush:
One thing guys I noticed. I thought there was bracketry to use the stock plate under the front bumper.

Apparently not, does anyone make a skid plate for lifted H2's?

Thanks,

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This may be of interest.

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/2606011751/m/597103581/r/849108272#849108272

VTSTOMPER
10-29-2005, 01:30 AM
beat me to it! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Search master.

OrangeCrush
10-29-2005, 02:54 AM
Thanks guys... and thanks Rod for the link. Tomorrow when I get the truck back on the ground, I'll try to modify the skidplate to fit.

Mark