PDA

View Full Version : Xtremeflow

Fubar
04-25-2004, 06:49 PM
Has anyone purchased a exhust system from H2Performance? Or a xtremeflow system from anohter vendor? I'm looking at ther Xtremeflow system which consists of what looks like mufflers and an air intake system. There claims for improved horsepower and gas millege sound impressive but it may be too good to be true. I'd like to here feedback good or back about the product. http://www.h2performanceparts.com/H2_Performance.htm

My dealer wants to install a Corsa exhust system and a Airaid intake but claims the it will not really do much to improve performance or gas millege it's just a bolt on addition to the regular pipes. The dealer says the additions will improve throtel response and ad a bit of horse power. I'd also like to have some shorty headers installed so advice on that topic would also be appreciated.

Here is what H2perfomanceparts claim about there product:

Our H2 Muffler is unlike ANY other exhaust on the market today. Unlike all other exhaust systems, this unique muffler and intake combination has been designed to provide the optimum performance throughout ALL power bands; low end, mid, and high RPM. While other companies concentrate on producing horse power at high RPM's, the Xtremeflow exhaust is designed to provide you with your highest performance from 1350 RPM's to 3675 RPM's - the place where performance is actually needed. A simple fact about exhaust ; ANY straight through design muffler will produce massive horse power gains at high RPM's (5800 to 6000 RPM's) , but a straight through design wILL nOT produce horse power at low end nor mid range where it is actually needed. When considering an exhaust system for you H2 keep in mind this is not a NASCAR and is never going to be run at 5800 + RPM's ,use a muffler system that is designed SPECIFICALLY for your H2 Hummer and not one that has been tested to impress you with high RPM horse power gains .

I know this is a bit long for a post but I'm all confused and looking a bit of assistance. If anyone would like to offer assistance but doesn't want to tie up the fourm you can get ahold of me at: mildtowildproductions@cox.net

Thanks in advance.

Fubar
Has anyone purchased a exhust system from H2Performance? Or a xtremeflow system from anohter vendor? I'm looking at ther Xtremeflow system which consists of what looks like mufflers and an air intake system. There claims for improved horsepower and gas millege sound impressive but it may be too good to be true. I'd like to here feedback good or back about the product. http://www.h2performanceparts.com/H2_Performance.htm

My dealer wants to install a Corsa exhust system and a Airaid intake but claims the it will not really do much to improve performance or gas millege it's just a bolt on addition to the regular pipes. The dealer says the additions will improve throtel response and ad a bit of horse power. I'd also like to have some shorty headers installed so advice on that topic would also be appreciated.

Our H2 Muffler is unlike ANY other exhaust on the market today. Unlike all other exhaust systems, this unique muffler and intake combination has been designed to provide the optimum performance throughout ALL power bands; low end, mid, and high RPM. While other companies concentrate on producing horse power at high RPM's, the Xtremeflow exhaust is designed to provide you with your highest performance from 1350 RPM's to 3675 RPM's - the place where performance is actually needed. A simple fact about exhaust ; ANY straight through design muffler will produce massive horse power gains at high RPM's (5800 to 6000 RPM's) , but a straight through design wILL nOT produce horse power at low end nor mid range where it is actually needed. When considering an exhaust system for you H2 keep in mind this is not a NASCAR and is never going to be run at 5800 + RPM's ,use a muffler system that is designed SPECIFICALLY for your H2 Hummer and not one that has been tested to impress you with high RPM horse power gains .

I know this is a bit long for a post but I'm all confused and looking a bit of assistance. If anyone would like to offer assistance but doesn't want to tie up the fourm you can get ahold of me at: mildtowildproductions@cox.net

Thanks in advance.

Fubar

Thanks in advance.

HGW
05-04-2004, 01:15 AM
I do not know how to link on here:

See post on Extreme exhaust by Alley and Diff btwn SMA and Edelbroack headers by Socrates in this section of this forum.

NJ H2
05-04-2004, 02:07 AM
I have the extremeflow Xtreme Power Package
XTREMEFLOW (http://www.h2performanceparts.com/H2_Performance.htm)
I think it's a great set up.Not to loud but not to soft. You can forget about getting better gas milage. I get about 10.5

Fubar
05-04-2004, 02:38 AM
Guys thank you for the response. I think I'm just going to do the cat back and an air intake probably by airraid or airforce-one since K&N doesn't have anyting that will work.

NJ-H2 wow only 10.5mpg I'm getting 12 stock off the show room floor. Are you saying if I change the exhaust the gas milleage is going to go down? That would suck.

Thanks angain guys for the input.

NJ H2
05-04-2004, 10:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fubar00:
Guys thank you for the response. I think I'm just going to do the cat back and an air intake probably by airraid or airforce-one since K&N doesn't have anyting that will work.

NJ-H2 wow only 10.5mpg I'm getting 12 stock off the show room floor. Are you saying if I change the exhaust the gas milleage is going to go down? That would suck.

Thanks angain guys for the input. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a lead foot so don't go by me, but I was getting the same before the Xtreme install.