PDA

View Full Version : Note of thanks

bullitt411
12-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Just wanted to chime in and thank everyone on the board for all their useful information. I've been lurking for a few months and finally purchased my H2 the other day. In addition to the dealer options, I added a few things, following the advise of some of the forum users. Thanks again for the heads up that a) these things were possible to do and b) where to get them done locally. I'm going to try to post some pics along with the post, hopefully I'll have some luck.

I was super pleased with my dealer who had some kind of incentive going on in the dealership for the next 10 H2 buyers, so I was able to get the dvd player and rear head rest units free of charge http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Rest of the vehicle is 2005 w/lux package / nav / sunroof.

navwithtv.com (recommended here) installed the reverse cam, integrated it into the nav such that when the vehivcle is put into reverse it automatically pops up on the nav screen. The also installed the conversion to allow me to view the dvd movies on the nav by toggle switch installed in the center console. Also, they added a modulator that at the flick of a switch will play the dvd sound thru the fm radio. I was very pleased with the work they did and would definately recommend them if you live in the NY area.

I added the obligitory driveway photo which I'm sure the "get that thing muddy" comment will prompt hehe.

bullitt411
Just wanted to chime in and thank everyone on the board for all their useful information. I've been lurking for a few months and finally purchased my H2 the other day. In addition to the dealer options, I added a few things, following the advise of some of the forum users. Thanks again for the heads up that a) these things were possible to do and b) where to get them done locally. I'm going to try to post some pics along with the post, hopefully I'll have some luck.

I was super pleased with my dealer who had some kind of incentive going on in the dealership for the next 10 H2 buyers, so I was able to get the dvd player and rear head rest units free of charge http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Rest of the vehicle is 2005 w/lux package / nav / sunroof.

navwithtv.com (recommended here) installed the reverse cam, integrated it into the nav such that when the vehivcle is put into reverse it automatically pops up on the nav screen. The also installed the conversion to allow me to view the dvd movies on the nav by toggle switch installed in the center console. Also, they added a modulator that at the flick of a switch will play the dvd sound thru the fm radio. I was very pleased with the work they did and would definately recommend them if you live in the NY area.

I added the obligitory driveway photo which I'm sure the "get that thing muddy" comment will prompt hehe.

bullitt411

bullitt411
12-17-2004, 07:28 PM
Reverse camera location

bullitt411
12-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Nav reverse camera image

bullitt411
12-17-2004, 07:30 PM
DVD toggle switches for sound and picture thru the nav and stereo.

bullitt411
12-17-2004, 07:30 PM
DVD image on the nav

Johnny T
12-17-2004, 07:43 PM
May I ask how much you got the H2 for and who did you dealt with?

I am currently in the market for what you got.

John

H2Finally
12-17-2004, 07:52 PM
b411, congrats & welcome! I see you've got great taste in color too http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. That setup looks sweet. My 2 cents: the rear camera has the potential to get knocked off if you do any intensive off-roading; I'd also put the switches on the vertical wall next to the DVD player so that the little remaining space can still be used to store without worry of hitting the switches.

PARAGON
12-17-2004, 08:24 PM
Congrats and welcome. Our local dealer has a big full page ad in the paper giving away the DVD and headrest with each H2 sold for, something like, the next 2 weeks.

Tex
12-17-2004, 10:57 PM
bullitt411,

Nice Rig!

The forum has been a great source of info for me as well!

Congrats!

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
12-17-2004, 11:20 PM
I wonder if I could go back to my dealer and whine enough that he would feel bad and give me a nav/DVD system. Although The sales manager was getting a very loud and harsh chewing on what he sold a new 05 for in may 04. I guess I probably better not try to get him ino any more trouble. I'm going to check the website and see what isgng on.
Rick

bullitt411
12-18-2004, 01:53 AM
Johnny T -

I purchased the H2 a week ago from City Cadillac / Oldsmobile / Hummer in Long Island City, NY. My dealer was Roy Richards (coolest dealer I've ever dealt with in my life). They practically bent over backwards to give me everything possible for a good deal. I think I did pretty well, but here's the breakdown for you to decide:

2005 H2 Pewter Metallic
Luxury Package
Navigation
Sunroof
Visualogic DVD w/2 Headrest Screens
Upgraded floor mats
Billet Gas cover

I caught some luck with the 2,000.00 incentive going on till Jan 1st, a 500.00 dealer incentive and the free DVD entertainment system promo.

Good luck with your purchase.