PDA

View Full Version : H3 pricing

Hummertech
03-11-2005, 01:24 PM
For those of you interested, this is the latest word on H3 pricing from GM. This came directly from Hummer during a recent dealer event.
Start price of 29,500. Fully loaded around 39,000. When you see the trucks, I think you'll find this a very good price.
Keep in mind, there is still time for GM to change their mind. But that's probably going to be it.

Hummertech
03-11-2005, 01:24 PM
For those of you interested, this is the latest word on H3 pricing from GM. This came directly from Hummer during a recent dealer event.
Start price of 29,500. Fully loaded around 39,000. When you see the trucks, I think you'll find this a very good price.
Keep in mind, there is still time for GM to change their mind. But that's probably going to be it.

kjfswkr
03-11-2005, 04:13 PM
any idea when this model will be out? Also, any good pics?

Thanks,
Kevin

Hummertech
03-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Should be at dealers the end of May or 1st week of June at the latest. I didn't take any pics. There are a bunch of pics out there though.

funpilot
03-11-2005, 06:13 PM
That is what my dealer has bascially been saying all along. Same with Lynch Hummer....so we can hope. If so, then maybe we should buy some stock.....

funpilot
03-13-2005, 11:06 AM
On GMInside News, a person posted that their dealer just told him that GM has said the base price is $29,500.

KenP
03-13-2005, 06:22 PM
That is going to be a huge seller at that price.

Hold on for H3 forum members. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

DRTYFN
03-14-2005, 02:38 AM
The H3 is going to be a HUGE seller if that's the real base price.
Can't wait to drive one.

kjfswkr
03-16-2005, 12:34 PM
I currently drive a Jeep Liberty and someone just gave me a comparison between a Liberty and a H3. The H3 does not seem to be much better than the liberty in cargo room, off road ability, etc. Any thoughts? It looks much bigger than a Liberty.

Thanks,

Kevin

PARAGON
03-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Care to provide us with that comparison?

kjfswkr
03-16-2005, 06:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Care to provide us with that comparison? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give me a min to find it and I will put it here.

kevin

kjfswkr
03-16-2005, 06:59 PM
here it is, mind you this is one mans opinion.

Kevin

For wheeling, it's a pretty close contest. A similarly equipped Liberty beats the H3 in alot of aspects.

Ground clearance:
Liberty is 9.4 (before lift)
H3 is 9.1

Approach angle:
H3 is 37.5 w/32in. tires, or 39.4 with optional 33in. tires.
Liberty is 37.2 on the Limited (with 2.5 lift and 245/75 this would be more like 39-40 degrees).

Departure angle:
H3 is 35.5 with 32's, 36.5 with 33's
Liberty is 31.5 or approx 34 w/ lift and tires

Rear Suspension:
H3 has leaf springs
Liberty has coil springs

HORSEPOWER:
H3 has 220hp at 5600 RPM
Liberty has 210hp at 5200 RPM
Liberty Diesel has 160hp at 3800

TORQUE:
H3 has 225 lbs. ft at 2800 RPM
Liberty has 235 lbs. ft at 4000 RPM
Liberty Diesel has 295 lbs. ft at 1800 RPM

The H3 has 55.7 cu. ft of space with the rear seat down. The Liberty is 69 cu. ft. of space with the rear seat down.
H3 is about 12 in. longer, 4 in. wider. and the track is wider by 5 in.

PARAGON
03-16-2005, 07:20 PM
How do those numbers equate to being better off-road?

PARAGON
03-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Let me rephrase that, how does it make it "much better?"

kjfswkr
03-16-2005, 08:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Let me rephrase that, how does it make it "much better?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

beats me, I just posted what another Liberty owner told me. I need to look at the new H3's and see if I will be better off with one of them or a 4X4 Ford F150

Kevin

peyote
03-17-2005, 02:40 PM
i have a liberty now, & the only thing that worries me is power/weight ratio compared to the liberty.

h3 is like 850lbs heavier but only 10hp more then the liberty. price is not my concern as much as performance. also has less torque. (hoping for upgrades later, like H3T concept had).

H3 seems to be lined up closer to jeep grand cherokee class then the liberty class. It just doesn't have the bigger displacement option yet, which is understandable.

still getting one. been waiting for hummer to get something that has a smaller off-road chassis.

btw, i'm new here & there's too many H2 owners that assume H3 buyers are just H2-wannabes. this is so far from the truth, & most know this. i'm just not a big truck/suv guy, but i do want an SUV that i don't have to modify to make a decent off-road weekender.

exciting new days upon Hummer

kjfswkr
03-17-2005, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by peyote:

I do like the H2 and would buy one if the gas mileage did not suck. Actually I would get an H1 if I could afford it. I will look at the H3's when they come out. Is the H3 a six cylinder?

Kevin

peyote
03-17-2005, 09:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kjfswkr:

I do like the H2 and would buy one if the gas mileage did not suck. Actually I would get an H1 if I could afford it. I will look at the H3's when they come out. Is the H3 a six cylinder?

Kevin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh, not really my quote... But what i was talking about is that the reasons people were wanting an H3 wasn't just because it was cheaper & looked like an H2 (the wannabe people). I'm sure there's a group like this, i'm not one.

H3 has 220hp inline 5.

killian
03-19-2005, 12:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
there's too many H2 owners that assume H3 buyers are just H2-wannabes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that make them H1 wannabes?

peyote
03-21-2005, 02:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killian:

Does that make them H1 wannabes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

H2 people? no... H3? maybe... most hummer people that think like that are H2 owners, IMO. H1 is too rough around edges for this type of person to want an H1, also H1's 'Cost-Per-Bling-Ratio' is too high for their taste. no offense to the normal crowd H2 owners, but they have to admit that the H2 attracts more blingers then any other vehicle. Size factor gives it the win over the others.

i wouldn't mind being called an H1 wannabe. i like the H1. what's not to like. when related to what it does best, there's no other production vehicle made that can handle what it can w/o aftermarket parts build-up.

PARAGON
03-21-2005, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by peyote:
only thing that worries me is power/weight ratio compared to the liberty.

h3 is like 850lbs heavier but only 10hp more then the liberty..... also has less torque. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Personally, I think you are going to be surprised about the H3. Take a look at those numbers again. The H3 is generating about the same torque at a much, much lower RPM. Of course, things like throttle response, etc. will determine how it "feels" driving.

When you go to a Hummer Happening, drive an H2 around, then an H1 and compare it to your H3. They all serve different purposes.

dochummer
03-21-2005, 04:01 PM
I thought the Escalade was considered the "ultimate bling vehicle"... http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bparker
03-22-2005, 01:19 AM
Not to mention the difference in gearing. I dont know exact gearing for the Liberty but my guess would be > 3.73s and the H3 will come with 4.56s stock.

KenP
03-22-2005, 02:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted by peyote:
btw, i'm new here & there's too many H2 owners that assume H3 buyers are just H2-wannabes. this is so far from the truth, & most know this. i'm just not a big truck/suv guy, but i do want an SUV that i don't have to modify to make a decent off-road weekender. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Uh, I don't know where you got that. You must not read very well. Go through the forum posts and find proff of that.

The H3 is going to perform about as well as the H2.... From what I've been told.

Batgirl
03-23-2005, 04:29 AM
Hi, I'm new here and have been reading quite a bit.
Anyways I ordered my H3 about 3 1/2 weeks ago, the dealership told me with the options I got it would be around 44-45 thousand (canadian)
All I got was the Luxury package, Chrome package, side step, roof rack and sunroof. If you guys want to know all the options go to the dealership, I have the print out of them all. They told me I would get mine late June, early July.

http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Batgirl
03-23-2005, 04:32 AM
Oh yah, they also told me that the H3 is supposed to go anywhere the H2 can "if" properly equiped. They did offer me the off road package so that might be the catch...if you want it to do the same as the H2 would have to pay the extra??

bparker
03-23-2005, 05:58 AM
All you really need is the rear locker is what they should have said.. well the 33s will give you more clearance too. And both of these come in with the "off road" package including more.

Also, congrats on your H3!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Batgirl:
Oh yah, they also told me that the H3 is supposed to go anywhere the H2 can "if" properly equiped. They did offer me the off road package so that might be the catch...if you want it to do the same as the H2 would have to pay the extra?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

killian
03-24-2005, 02:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Does that make them H1 wannabes?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Listen, you come in here making judgements about H2 owners within your first three posts and expect to not be called on it?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just for the record I'm not making judgements about anyone. My comments were purely toung in cheek, as they say, I was just having a bit of a laugh.

I like the H2, I love the H1 Alpha. I ordered an H3 on the first day that it could have been ordered in my area. I can afford an H2 but I choose not to as it dosen't fit my lifestyle. The H3 is more suited to my needs and I look forward to it's arrival. This makes me an H3 wannabe, I really don't give a toss about anyone who thinks I drive an H3 because I'm wishing that I had an H2.

PARAGON
03-24-2005, 06:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tonka61:
I have to say everyone sounds like a chicken with there head cut off. I think this is what hummer wants. Lets relax and see when the H3 comes out and what it has to bring to the table.
It might be great and it might be a big lemon, but it will never be the H1 or H2. Don't forget it will never be the original idea that hummer first started with and can't anyone see hummer made a hungry customer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It is always amazing to see the pissers. Sport, if everyone waited to see if the H3 is going to be a lemon or not, no one would ever buy one. What difference does it make to you whether or not someone orders their H3 before you do?

bparker
03-24-2005, 06:31 PM
yes it will not be an H1 or an H2 you poon. Its an H3!

Ya know some things are so obvious to most and then you get those few who just cant see the most obvious things right in front of thier face as they argue all day long that its not really there, while the rest of us just sit back in astonishment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tonka61:
but it will never be the H1 or H2. Don't forget it will never be the original idea that hummer first started with and can't anyone see hummer made a hungry customer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PARAGON
03-24-2005, 10:51 PM
No, we didn't miss it. We even quoted you.