PDA

View Full Version : Why I bought my H2

It\'s a Dry Heat
08-11-2004, 02:31 AM
I needed an automatic to replace my F350 gear 4WD 4 door. Had a stroke, a little stiff on the left side. Slow me down. NO! Wanted to move to SUV, time for a Hummer! Did I buy it for off roading? Answer: NO. Well not realy. I live in Arizona and want to travel to every ghost town here. They're about 50 to 70 that you can still take pictures of. If I have a purpose to travel on roads not fit for a horse I'll go there pin strips rock climbing and don't care. My H2 will look terrible when I get done. My first 4WD was a new 1970 GMC short bed half ton never looked back to a 2WD anything except for my wifes car. Married for 34 years, I just married the right person! So off-Roading has a different meaning to me. I don't want to take it out just to see if I can break it. If there is a purpose it's just different in my mind. I'll try not to break it on the first ghost town, but if its the first thats okay. Still buying HD mods for it. You know an H1 needs no mods. I know you guys don't like these bodys, This is my dream truck.

It\'s a Dry Heat
I needed an automatic to replace my F350 gear 4WD 4 door. Had a stroke, a little stiff on the left side. Slow me down. NO! Wanted to move to SUV, time for a Hummer! Did I buy it for off roading? Answer: NO. Well not realy. I live in Arizona and want to travel to every ghost town here. They're about 50 to 70 that you can still take pictures of. If I have a purpose to travel on roads not fit for a horse I'll go there pin strips rock climbing and don't care. My H2 will look terrible when I get done. My first 4WD was a new 1970 GMC short bed half ton never looked back to a 2WD anything except for my wifes car. Married for 34 years, I just married the right person! So off-Roading has a different meaning to me. I don't want to take it out just to see if I can break it. If there is a purpose it's just different in my mind. I'll try not to break it on the first ghost town, but if its the first thats okay. Still buying HD mods for it. You know an H1 needs no mods. I know you guys don't like these bodys, This is my dream truck.

It\'s a Dry Heat

Kevin B
08-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Right on Vern. I take it your retired? What more can you ask for than the time to do what you want to do http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Enjoy the ghost town's, but be careful out there in the desert (lots of water), and don't go alone.

Sorry to hear about the stroke, sounds like your good attitude will sail you through that situation http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

It\'s a Dry Heat
08-12-2004, 08:49 PM
My wife is learning how to move smaller Warn to rear bumper. I have 100's of ideas to make money. Can't tell ya whats going on with ghost towns (No metal detecters!) until I have a headstart on everyone. www.enichesoftware.com (http://www.enichesoftware.com). I can just about do anything with computers from Apple //s to windows XP. Also have son with computer science degree. and daughter in Marines "She is a hummer pro!" Daughter loves my H2 over Marine Humvees. Marines don't teach BTM.

Dan
08-14-2004, 05:59 PM
I'd like to see some ghost town pics when you get them!

It\'s a Dry Heat
08-14-2004, 06:46 PM
Now your getting the idea. Lots of video and pictures. Got a new sv-av50. 10 hours of tv vidio (mpeg4) on each memory stick and 2 meg stills 7000 of them. http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=2320631&mode=googleph Worked ebay off and on for 5 weeks until I got new in box for $250. $150 off of new price.

kacyk
11-23-2004, 07:20 PM
Sadona and the Grand Canyon Vern! I live in Seattle but have business all over AZ including Flagstaff. I usually rent a Disco from Hertz when I go up there but haven't been able to find any good trails.

How's that beast for every day use? It looks fantastic! Is there a jumps seat package from the factory so you can get more than 4 people in there (Got 5 kids)?