PDA

View Full Version : HP/MPG Increase

m998
11-26-2002, 08:43 PM
Hello all,
I have been looking to upgrade my hp and fuel economy (for the tree hugger in me). So far I have found two companies making intake/exhaust combinations for increased horsepower and gas mileage, Breathless Performance and Xtreme Flow Motorsports While they both look to do the same basic function in the same way, I’m guessing there must be some variables that makes one better than the other.
If any of our Hummer brethren have experience with either/or of these (or another) products of this ilk, please elucidate on your conclusions )wadhesay?).

m998
11-26-2002, 08:43 PM
Hello all,
I have been looking to upgrade my hp and fuel economy (for the tree hugger in me). So far I have found two companies making intake/exhaust combinations for increased horsepower and gas mileage, Breathless Performance and Xtreme Flow Motorsports While they both look to do the same basic function in the same way, I’m guessing there must be some variables that makes one better than the other.
If any of our Hummer brethren have experience with either/or of these (or another) products of this ilk, please elucidate on your conclusions )wadhesay?).

TBarrow
12-09-2002, 03:39 PM
I have been researching cold-air induction systems etc. One site I was on had a picture of a cleanable filter (K&N look-a-like)with the factory air box. The access panel does nothing more than direct air from the fender area. I took the access panel off and increased milage from 1 - 1.5 MPG just from increased air.WITH THE FACTORY FILTER. I am still able to replace cover if extereme wet or off-road conditions are available.