PDA

View Full Version : who's running a supercharger?

2slo4now
08-18-2003, 12:21 AM
Hello to all

New to the forum. Coming out of a whipple supercharged Chevy crew cab with gibson headers and exhaust, airaid intake, hypertech supercharger programmer and a 125 hp single fogger NOS system and getting into a H2 is a humbling experience. My new h2 is weak as a popcorn fart. "no offense intended to the folks that think that the h2 has plenty of power."

I would greatly appreciate some feed back about the magna charger and the whipple. Specifically, accurate highway/city MPG and the average hwy speed you drive. "set the cruise at". Boost pressures at full throttle. whether or not you have a programmer flash program installed. Shifting issues? I know that this is a lot to ask but 0-60 mph times would be really cool.

Installation time and cost is of no issue to me.

Also, from all specs I read it seems that the Banks 4 inch mandrel bent exhaust system would be the only way to go with the extra air pumping through the charger.

Thanks in advance for ya'lls help.

Dan from Alabama

PS If your not supercharged and you think that a tornado gives you plenty of power please don't post. Thanks

2slo4now
08-18-2003, 12:21 AM
Hello to all

New to the forum. Coming out of a whipple supercharged Chevy crew cab with gibson headers and exhaust, airaid intake, hypertech supercharger programmer and a 125 hp single fogger NOS system and getting into a H2 is a humbling experience. My new h2 is weak as a popcorn fart. "no offense intended to the folks that think that the h2 has plenty of power."

I would greatly appreciate some feed back about the magna charger and the whipple. Specifically, accurate highway/city MPG and the average hwy speed you drive. "set the cruise at". Boost pressures at full throttle. whether or not you have a programmer flash program installed. Shifting issues? I know that this is a lot to ask but 0-60 mph times would be really cool.

Installation time and cost is of no issue to me.

Also, from all specs I read it seems that the Banks 4 inch mandrel bent exhaust system would be the only way to go with the extra air pumping through the charger.

Thanks in advance for ya'lls help.

Dan from Alabama

PS If your not supercharged and you think that a tornado gives you plenty of power please don't post. Thanks

Bighammer
08-18-2003, 11:32 PM
Someone needs to answer this. I need the info also. I'll bump it to the top. Suprised Whipplecharger hasen"t jumped on this one.

See ya
C G

Yellow H2 Lux-Xtreme CAI & Exhaust-Predator Tune

Grim_Smoker
08-19-2003, 02:52 AM
I agree, I too am still debating between the two. However I've recently been thinking of going with the Whipple because it'll be easier to get to the high HP like I wanted. If I remember correctly the Magna is actually limited to about 550-600 HP. Can anyone tell me if I'm right or not? Don't know if this matters at all 2slo4now. Anyways...

-Grim

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

whipplecharged
08-19-2003, 04:12 AM
OK I can answer this.

I will work on the 0-60 times for you,

Fuel milage will be about the same depending on how you drive but you could increase fuel milage under a towing condition.

The big thng between the Whipple and the Radix kit is the intercooleer.

I had a customer install a Whipple on one H2 and a Magnacharger Radix kit on another H2. The Whipple made 36 more hp with 5.5 lbs of boost than the Radix at 8 lbs of boost. Boyh were running an Xtremeflow exhaust and cold air intake.

The Whipple will need the flash programming to take ot the torque management.

The Radix kit has its own programmer for the vehicle that comes with the kit but it doesn't take out the torque management all the way.

Both kits work great. The biggest thing about the Radix is that it is noisey. It is a roots supercharger so it does make more noise a more heat than a Whipple twin screw supercharger.

Anything else let me know...

Whipplecharged

kdio
08-19-2003, 12:03 PM
I installed the Magnacharger on my H2. Both systems are good, but what tipped my final decision was the Magnacharger upgrades the fuel system. The kit includes larger injectors and fuel pump. I felt increasing the HP as much as these systems deliver, it was a better choice.

Kirk

03 H2 Sunset Orange Polished Magna Charger w headers & cold air intake, 37" MTRs w Weld Mountain Crushers, GPS Nav. & 2 rear LCD TVs w DVD, Extreme Tube steps

H2 Bill
08-19-2003, 02:52 PM
I have the Whipple on my H2 and it works great. I live in the Caif. desert where the temps are now 110+ and I have never had an overheating problem. Yes you do need to have the PCM programmed and you need to have all of the torque management programmed out or you will never be happy with the way it runs. I used Ed Wright for the programming and it turned out great. I also had him firm up the shifts, change the shift points, etc. My mpg has picked up a little possibly 1 mpg. The boost will go to 6 lbs. with the optional pulley. This mod has greatly increased the performance and gives it the power that it should have had in the first place!

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Polished Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow.
1994 Chev 454 Suburban, Blown, Doug Thorley
1970 Trans Am, balanced, blue printed, Hooker ceramics

www.4swimwear.com (http://www.4swimwear.com)

ANGELO D.
08-19-2003, 09:43 PM
I HAVE MAGNA CHARGER, NEW CAM, UPGRADED TRANSMISSION, LONG TUBE HEADERS, CORSA OFFROAD SPORT EXHAUST, AND 456/GEARS, 37IN TIRES.
0-60 IN 6/SECONDS, 550/HP, HIGHWAY 80MPH GET 10MPG, HIGHWAY AT 65MPH GETS 12MPG, CITY DRIVING 9MPG. I AVERAGE AROUND 10MPG. I HAVE A HEAVY THROTTLE FOOT.

2slo4now
08-20-2003, 12:02 AM
Thanks for sharing

I too have been doing some research out of this forum for the last few days. The results are below but first I must confess a few things. I own several truck accessory stores in Alabama. We are a whipple installing dealer. As of today we are also a Magnacharger installing dealer. I wanted some real people feedback prior to making a decision on picking up Magnacharger. Thanks for the input.

I talked to a "friend" that is an installing dealer for both in another state. He told me he likes the Magna much better (on the H2). He has installed plenty of each. I mean plenty...

Here is what I found:

Magna uses the factory computer to control 8 new 8.1 liter injectors.
Whipple uses the factory computer to control 8 stock injectors and a seperate black box to control 2 additional injectors.

Magna adds a 175 liter fuel pump to the system to assure that there is not a lean out condition
Whipple does not

Magna uses a intercooler
Whipple does not

Magna is going to be a lot harder to install. For me that does not matter. For the power hungry when your spending 5 large what's a couple hundred more in labor.

I love Whipple chargers and the company. There are many application where they are still my charger of choice. But on my H2, I am going with Magna. I will have it on in a couple of weeks and welcome other H2 owners to come and drive it. This is not a plug

Here is a simple justification of the price difference between both systems. I seems that selling prices are about $1000 apart

6 additional injectors in the Magna $750
Flash programmer included in the Magna $425
Intercooler.......priceless

Dan from Alabama
onefashd@hotmail.com

I will list the following but 1 time

03 H2 lux plus everything
97 Chevy Crew Cab see first post
97 Tahoe 4x4 no charger everything else
99 BMW r1100rt scoot
79 Camaro alcohol drag car "for sale"
40 ft Sea Ray Express
02 Honda XR
and of course a John Deere F510 tractor
Just sold
95 Viper rt10
03 HD V-rod
00 HD softail loaded 140 hp inc 35 nitros shot

BADRAP
08-20-2003, 12:31 AM
I have considered for sometime about buying a supercharger and I think that this will help my decision. I know that Whipple is suppose to be awesome but after reading this I will have to do more research on this.. I like them both that is the Whipple and the Magnacharger.. They both sound tempting.. I want improved fuel mpg and better HP and it seems as if they will both do that.. So were I go from here is still in the air....

badrap@sbcglobal.net
03 Black Lux (This is my 2nd H2)
Had an 03 Pewter but it rattled away...........
03 BMW 525i, Titanium Grey...

whipplecharged
08-20-2003, 04:30 AM
Let me throw a wrench into this. Has anyone looked at the Kenne Bell unit?

Thy replace the injectors like Magna. No intercooler like the whipple, but the roots type supercharger has to run more boost than the twin screw because it is not as efficent.

Thats why lile I posted earlier a Whipple with 5.5 lbs of boost made more HP than a Magna Radix with 8 lbs.

But on the Kenne Bell here are a few things on it:

Big increase in horsepower and torque - EVERYWHERE.
• INSTANT FULL BOOST / HORSEPOWER & TORQUE at ANY rpm - 2000 up.
• No "boost lag" as with centrifugal superchargers & turbos.
• Fat flat torque curve for performance, towing, climbing etc.
• Boost and power on demand only when needed.
• Includes Kenne Bell OPTIMIZER ll™ to reprogram fuel, spark and trans.
• Whisper Quiet. Bypass valve system.
• Internally lubricated. No tapping holes in oil pan. Doesn't use engine oil.
• 8 new high capacity injectors. No injection of fuel into stock "dry" manifold.
• Retains preferred "dry flow" stock manifold concept for more even fuel distribution and maximum power.
• 60°-80° cooler air charge temperature and requires 10-16 less HP to drive than Roots style*.
• No other engine or transmission changes required.
• Available in satin finish or polished.
• Best Engineered Kit. Knock protection.
• All necessary parts included in kit.
• Billet aluminum supercharger.

and it is $500.00 less than the Whipple and over a $1000 less than the Magna.

Whipplecharged

NSXer
08-20-2003, 09:48 AM
I'd love the kenne bell, I just don't want to be the guinnea pig! Does anyone know of anyone else that has installed it on thier H2? I know thier twin screw for the Ford lighting is awesome, I'd just rather wait for someone else to take the $4,000-$5,000 gamble first. then tell us about it. Does that make me a bad person????

If you like bikes... Check out http://www.usualsuspex.com

h2fan
08-20-2003, 12:13 PM
Here's the proof.

h2fan
08-20-2003, 12:14 PM
One more

h2fan
08-20-2003, 12:14 PM
Last One

rvs9
08-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Where is the best source for buying the Whipple? I live in Chattanooga, Tn and will probably have my dealer install the unit.

H2 Bill
08-20-2003, 01:32 PM
It's not where I got mine but try http://www.superchargersonline.com I believe that they do discount them.

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Polished Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow.

Apex IV
08-20-2003, 02:33 PM
We got our Whipples from ExtremeFlow and I believe their price is a little under what they quote at superchargersonline.com That MAY be because we ordered "kits" in varying "stages" for 3 H2 units (we're leaving 1 of our 4 stock as a "baseline".)

We'll be installing the intake/exhaust and doing the flash programming sometime this week or next, and then installing the SC units in about 3 weeks (?), when I return from a trip. We'll be attempting to keep detailed records and photos of our installs and will post the photos/data either here or just post a link to our own servers.

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-

H2 Daddy
08-22-2003, 01:49 AM
What a great employer, he not only buys 3 H2's for his employees, but he also supercharges them. Apex IV, your company's fringe benefits are outstanding.

whipplecharged
08-22-2003, 02:03 AM
rvs9,

I saw them for $4095.00 or $4195.00 at www.xtremeflow.com (http://www.xtremeflow.com)

2slo4now
08-22-2003, 02:56 AM
Not to argue with you whipplecharged but

after you made your post that the magna makes 8 lbs of boost and still makes less power than the whipple I made some calls. Straight from the mouth of the tech department of whipple the h2 system makes 5 maybe in a rare instance 5.5 lbs of boost. Straight from the mouth of magna came 5 lbs of boost and if you pull a long long grade at max power it might, just might see 6 lbs. I TOTALLY agree that the Avation screw type supercharger (whipple) makes less heat and requires less hp to spin. No question. But if the PCM has to retard timing because of detonation because of to hot an air charge then you are making less power. No one will ever know the after charger temp or the after intercooler temp but I'll bet the magna is cooler.

One last thing. Who did the dyno testing that you mentioned. I nor anyone I know has ever seen a 4 wheel drive dyno. That includes whipple and Magna

Respectfully

Dan From Alabama

Tell you what. We can settle this once and for all. Let me get my supercharger on, swap out the exhaust and I'll take it down the drag strip. I'll post the 1/8 and 1/4 mile times and we'll go from there

whipplecharged
08-22-2003, 04:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Not to argue with you whipplecharged <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I nor anyone I know has ever seen a 4 wheel drive dyno. That includes whipple and Magna<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No argument here. I have a faxed copy of the dyno runs. I didn't say I did the test. Ican fax them to you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Straight from the mouth of magna came 5 lbs of boost and if you pull a long long grade at max power it might, just might see 6 lbs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is the Magna Charger Radix Kit? Only 5 psi. Thats what the old side mount kit made that SMA uses. Not the intercooled kit. I have spoken to a few others that have installed the Magna kit and they have told me 8 lbs also.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Straight from the mouth of the tech department of whipple the h2 system makes 5 maybe in a rare instance 5.5 lbs of boost. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Did you speak to Steve? Did you tell him that the vehicle had modified exhaust. When you open up the exhaust to a free flowing one, back pressure is less and boost drop depending on the exhaust. The H2 had a smaller pulley on it then what comes on a stock Whipple kit for a unmodified vehicle. It also used the programmer to take out the torque management.

With the Magna kit it is still there.......

Whipplecharged.
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

2slo4now
08-22-2003, 11:16 AM
I agree with the boost pressures on the whipple. My Chevy truck never gets over 6 either. I know that 8 lbs of boost is a ton, I mean a ton of boost on a stock pistoned stroker motor running 93 octane. When i install my magna i will get accurate boost numbers and post them. I'll even do it with a stock exhaust and a aftermarket exhaust. I don't want to make enemys over 2 lbs.

Thanks for the input.

Dan from Alabama
ps the drag strip offer is still open

whipplecharged
08-22-2003, 11:04 PM
QUOTE] I don't want to make enemies over 2 lbs.[/QUOTE]

I am not after enemies either. I have a long and extensive background and knowledge with the Whipple Superchargers and have done a lot research on the other types out there.

Also one thing to remember Whipple will be coming out with their intercooler for these kits....

Dan from Alabama

What is the name of your shop? Just curious.

Whipplecharged http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Jigga
08-23-2003, 02:39 AM
I'm sorry but I'm completely stupid about superchargers. I just know they add a truck load of power, and might add one to my rig one day (hopefully). But i just wanted to know what "5 pounds of boost" meant.

thanks,
-Jigga

2003 Pewter H2 with Adventure Package.

H2 Bill
08-25-2003, 02:34 PM
Hey whipplecharged...I was only getting 5lbs. max when I first installed my Whipple last November. I thought that my bypass was opening to soon so I called Steve and he suggested that I purchase the smaller pulley to see if that is still the max boost I could get or if it was the bypass valve. It now goes to 5 1/2 to 6lbs. max. As you can see I have headers and exhaust. It sounds like that is something that is taken in to consideration now when you purchase one for the H2. As I mentioned in a previous post overheating has never been an issue even in my extremely hot climate!

2slo4now
08-25-2003, 10:58 PM
Hey whipplecharged.

To answer your question about my shop name.

My "shop" is called Performance Truck Centers. My main location is 12,500 sq feet and my second location is 2,500 sq feet. We are a Whipple installing dealer as well as a Magna installing dealer. I don't have a lot of experience with whipple. I've only been an installing dealer since 1997 and have installed only around 30 kits. This Magna will be our first intercooler kit.

We also have an e-commerce web site but forum rules keep me from listing it.

Dan from Alabama

whipplecharged
08-26-2003, 03:09 AM
H2Bill,

Exhaust should be taken into consideration, but normally you get the standard set up. They have tested with an H2 with exhaust on it. that one is runnig 8 lbs of boost. It doesn't get driven daily it is for show only.

Whipplecharged

PARAGON
08-26-2003, 11:58 AM
Dan from Alabama,

What part of Alabama. I live in Jackson, MS and have had experience with the local shops and am not very impressed.

2slo4now
08-26-2003, 01:26 PM
Hey Paragon

Montgomery

Dan

Apex IV
08-26-2003, 11:41 PM
H2 Daddy: Thanks for the kind words! Like I've said in other posts, though, the guys who I bought H2's for earned them... :-)

OK, question for all you Whipple owners out there. Upon reviewing the instructions for "installing" the ExtremeFlow mods for the air intake, it appears that we've got to butch up some of the existing intake tubes, box and trim the inner well some. Not too hairy, but I'd planned on trading in my H2 when my SUT comes in, so I'm looking for a better intake solution. Who makes air intake systems suitable for the Whipplecharged H2? Please, no bashing each other, just info needed on a first rate system. I'm less interested in price that quality & performance.

Also, Whipplecharged: Where can one obtain info on the intercooler. It is applicable for "retrofitting" existing Whipple installations? From my previous experience with intercooled turbo-diesels (F-250 and 2 H1's), the flash programming & exhaust stuff added some HP, but the "seat of the pants" torque and gas mileage came after intercooling. Adding an intercooler to my stroked H1 with "Heavy Hummer turbos" (yes, two), I picked up almost 5 MPG!! I had always noticed in my non-intercooled travels that I got MUCH better MPG while motoring through the mountain passes in CO than I did in the (relatively) flat lands of the Texas Hill Country... Of course, diesels are much less sensitive to weight/load... :-) Wish there was a diesel option for the H2... :-\

2slo4now: Can you email me your ecommerce link. My email address is in my profile. Thanks.

Thanks for your input guys! BTW, my initial findings on my individual H2 is that the ExtremeFlow muffler ALONE is resulting a barely perceptible HP increase and about 1/2 MPG increase with everything else stock. I'll burn 3 or 4 more tanks of gas in a short trip over the next few days, so I'll have a more accurate measure by this weekend, when I plan to do the flash programming. If I can find someone to sell me a QUALITY air intake and get it FedEx-ed, I'll put in in on Saturday before leaving for a 2,000 mile trip through CO on Sunday.

-Randall Garrett-

BADRAP
08-27-2003, 02:11 AM
KENNE BELL COMING SOON, VERY VERY SOON!!!!!

H2 Bill
08-27-2003, 09:34 PM
Apex IV, I used the AirRaid system and yes you have to modify the box and intake tube but no cutting on the H2 itself.

whipplecharged
08-29-2003, 04:01 AM
Apex IV,

The intercooler for the Whipplecharger will be out in a few months. They still need to do a ew more modes for correct fitment and calibreation of the Whipple cpu.
Also they are testing on the 2004 motors.

Whipplecharged

NSXer
08-29-2003, 10:37 AM
I can't wait to hear about the kenne bell!!! Let me know BADWRAPPER!

2slo4now
09-04-2003, 04:34 PM
My H2 is speeding up some. Installed the Magna system. It took 9 hours or so using all hand tools. "except a cordless drill" I found the instructions exceptional. The kit went on with ease and I only had to tie into 1 factory fuel pump feed wire.

The H2 has alot more power than my vortec 350 whipplecharged truck. It has no, I mean NO detonation. Shifting is perfect. I am not well impressed very easily, but I am with this Magna system.

Test and Tune is happening at our local dragstrip this Friday. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Dan from Alabama

2slo4now
09-06-2003, 12:19 AM
2003 H2 lux every available option but light bar.

Stock intake
Stock exhaust
stock MAF
stock Throttle body
stock 4.10 gears

add ons
Magna charger kit
4 inch lift
measured height 36.5 inch tall tires 325/80/16
(my stock BFG's measure 33.5 inches)

conditions
85 degrees misty rain
about 800 foot above sea level.
A/C on
Radio playing
shift tow button not pushed
3rd seat installed
Full fuel
laptop in the seat next to me and a coke in the cup holder
estimated weight 7400 lbs

1/8 mile 11.100 @ 62.53 mph
1/4 mile 17.324 @ 79.28 mph

Fuel economy has gone down about 1 mpg. It went up about 1 with the supercharger and down about 2 with the tires and lift.

I'm going to get an exhaust on it and run it with stock tires just for better comparison.

Dan from Alabama

Please don't bash my numbers with numbers from someone elses website. Please do bash my numbers if you have accurate runs that you have done in your H2.

Dan from Alabama

2slo4now
09-06-2003, 12:23 AM
I don't have accurate boost numbers to post as of yet. I've got a gauge on order. What ever the numbers are I will post them.

Dan from Alabama

NJ H2
09-10-2003, 04:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

One last thing. Who did the dyno testing that you mentioned. I nor anyone I know has ever seen a 4 wheel drive dyno. That includes whipple and Magna

Respectfully

Dan From Alabama

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ask and yee shall receive http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
This is a pic of A.W.E. Tuning's Mustang 4 Wheel Dynamometer with their well tuned Audi S4 Avant on it.
http://photos.imageevent.com/benza/corvettez06/websize/dyno_1.jpg

2slo4now
09-11-2003, 12:06 AM
Thanks NJ

I can now say they exist and I have seen one. Do you think that a H2 would fit on it?

Dan from Alabama

NJ H2
09-11-2003, 12:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2slo4now:
Thanks NJ

I can now say they exist and I have seen one. Do you think that a H2 would fit on it?

Dan from Alabama<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
It looks like it would to me but you be the judge:
Manufacturer Audi
Model S4 Avant Quattro
Dimensions
Length 4575 mm / 180.1 in
Width 1781 mm / 70.1 in
Height 1440 mm / 56.7 in
Wheelbase 2651 mm / 104.4 in
Weight 1720 kg / 3792 lbs
Front / Rear Track F 1516 mm / 59.7 in
R 1512 mm / 59.5 in

Manufacturer Hummer
Model H2
Dimensions
Length 4819.7 mm / 189.8 in
Width 2062.6 mm / 81.2 in
Height 1977.0 mm / 77.8 in
Wheelbase 3118.0 mm / 122.8 in
Weight 2909 kg / 6413 lbs
Front / Rear Track F 1762.8 mm / 69.4 in
R 1762.8 mm / 69.4 in

btaylor
09-30-2003, 04:23 AM
Some people were asking about Kenne Bell. I have one on my H2. It's nice. I read their stuff and liked what they had to say. It's clean and tidy and does a good job. I run mostly off road, a lot in the Southern California deserts and in Mexico. Lot's of sand dunes. I go on 7 or 10 day trips and don't want to break down, especially in Mexico.

Well anyway, the supercharger and some 37" Goodyear MTR are the only mods on my H2 so far. I haven't done exhaust, headers, etc. I doubt I will. I put on the supercharger because it actually gives more power, more usable power than all the other upgrades. With everything else stock I have enough power to break the car offroad and I don't know how I would put more power to use.

So, I can't answer horsepower questions or all that, but their system makes mechanical sense and I chose it because nobody else bothered to tell me why their system was good, they just said "here's what it costs." Plus, I hate the idea of piggy-backes ECMs and 9th injectors into the manifold.

That's my story. I love the Kenne Bell.

NSXer
09-30-2003, 12:55 PM
btaylor--> who installed it for you -and- are you totally addicted to the whine??? HEHEHE!!!!

btaylor
09-30-2003, 02:52 PM
I live in San Diego. Charriots of Fire installed it. They were the recommended installer when I call Kenne Bell. The did a great job.

I love the whine.

NSXer
09-30-2003, 04:46 PM
nice! I think the closest installer for me is in South Florida... I'm up in jacksonville. Hey!!! We play you guys on Sunday.... one of our teams is walking out with a freakin win! anyway, I've been waiting for someone to get the kenne bell installed. I didn't have the balls to be first. I'm glad you like it, I'll be getting one real soon. I can't wait to compare notes. Did you notice a good improvement with around town driving? Did it make your H2 feel lighter on its feet? I sold my Ford Lightning, but I loved the supercharger! I can't wait for my kenne bell. Go JAGS!!!

H2 Passion
11-27-2004, 07:33 AM
Hi,

i want more acceleration, increase the torque and HP power. Many times, i am the target of many X5 BMW and Cayenne, so i want to bypass them in acceleration and high way speed.
No speed limit where i live and we have a lot of mountains. (outside US).

i can see 3 main types: Vortec, Whipple and Magma.

Vortec: Increase your horsepower from 316 to 436 and torque from 360 lb./ft. to 465 lb./ft
Vortec (http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/products/yourcar/04_h2.html)

Magna: 63-125% more horsepower (from 2,000 rpm to 6,000 rpm) what about the torque?
Magma (http://www.magnacharger.com/gmhummerh2.htm)

and the Whipple: Up to 50% horsepower increase
Up to 50% torque increase throughout entire RPM range. Whipple SC Whipple (http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/product.asp?ProdID=1145)

Which one do you advise me to buy and why??
i want it for outside US.

Regards
Elie