PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Bulb Swap

prplprowlr
08-12-2003, 04:15 PM
Hey Guys, I just changed my bulbs in my headlights last night to the new Sylvania Silver Stars and they look awesome at night. Pure crisp white light for under $40.00 alot cheaper than the HID kit and took me only 5 minutes. I will try to take some pics tonight and post them in the morning only bad thing is I should have taken the picture when I had the first one changed so you guys could see the big difference between the slyvania and the oem bulb.

prplprowlr
08-12-2003, 04:15 PM
Hey Guys, I just changed my bulbs in my headlights last night to the new Sylvania Silver Stars and they look awesome at night. Pure crisp white light for under $40.00 alot cheaper than the HID kit and took me only 5 minutes. I will try to take some pics tonight and post them in the morning only bad thing is I should have taken the picture when I had the first one changed so you guys could see the big difference between the slyvania and the oem bulb.

Apex IV
08-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Well, it should only take 2.5 minutes to change one before taking a picture, then - right? ;-)

Seriously, I had Silver Stars in my first H2 and can confirm that they are GREAT in the $/buck category. I have 6024's in my new H2 and I think I would have rather saved the money and put it into something else...

Just my 2¢

-Randall Garrett-

Kevin W
08-12-2003, 10:47 PM
Where did you get the bulbs, and do you have an exact product #, I would like to get a brighter white bulb.

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, and marker bezels.

blg615
08-13-2003, 12:52 AM
Last week I put the APC 9007s in mine. $36 dollar investment. The white light does look pretty cool.
(Now I look just like my ricer friends. I wonder where I can get a coffee can muffler ha, ha)

prplprowlr
08-13-2003, 12:34 PM
Kevin W.,
almost most auto parts stores have them and wal-mart. The bulbs are Sylvania Silver Stars 9007ST. I hope this helps they cost me $37.99 and was well worth it. A nice pure crisp white light for way under HID.

Kevin W
08-13-2003, 01:16 PM
THanks,

I am going to stop at the local auto parts store and try them out myself.

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, and marker bezels.

Tucson Beast
08-13-2003, 06:36 PM
I have had them in my beast since Feb (on PhilD) recommendation - they are super for the price
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

"It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts - John Wooden