PDA

View Full Version : If You See Me On The Road

JJ
12-09-2002, 01:29 AM
My H2 is at the dealer, I have airline tickets in-hand (out of state purchase) and will be driving from Michigan to New Mexico next Thursday through Saturday. My Road Trip will take me west out of Detroit towards SouthBend, then SW through Indiana, into Missouri where I plan to stop at Bass Pro Shops (this is a big deal for me since NM doesn't have a Bass Pro nor Cabelas), then across Oklahoma, part of Northern Texas and into NM.

So.... if you see a Sunset Orange, with a temporary sticker, wrap around brushguard, sunroof equipped H2 on the road being driven by a "40 something" happily married male (sans wife this trip)... Honk Your Horn and Wave.

JJ

JJ
12-09-2002, 01:29 AM
My H2 is at the dealer, I have airline tickets in-hand (out of state purchase) and will be driving from Michigan to New Mexico next Thursday through Saturday. My Road Trip will take me west out of Detroit towards SouthBend, then SW through Indiana, into Missouri where I plan to stop at Bass Pro Shops (this is a big deal for me since NM doesn't have a Bass Pro nor Cabelas), then across Oklahoma, part of Northern Texas and into NM.

So.... if you see a Sunset Orange, with a temporary sticker, wrap around brushguard, sunroof equipped H2 on the road being driven by a "40 something" happily married male (sans wife this trip)... Honk Your Horn and Wave.

JJ

Tiger Bait
12-09-2002, 02:22 AM
If you miss the one in Springfield Missouri, there is one just north of DFW airport when you cruise through north Texas. Good luck and have fun!

racina
12-09-2002, 06:24 PM
JJ, What's the name and location of the dealership. Maybe I'll check it out for you!
Cabela's has that huge store just south of Detroit (25 miles) in Dundee. It's really something to see if your in the neighborhood.

JJ
12-10-2002, 02:06 AM
Racina-
Its Detroit Hummer in Southfield. The Saleswoman is Rae. Let me know what you think.

I travel quite a bit and have been to the Cabela's in Dundee. What a terrific place. I could spend a day there and their smoked elk and caribou from the deli is worth a try. I only wish we had the population to justify a Cabela's or Bass Pro closer to home.

JJ

Tiger Bait
12-10-2002, 02:17 AM
Check their web site before you leave the Detroit area. They have a store up there as well.

JJ
12-10-2002, 02:20 AM
THANKS TIGER BAIT....

JJ

racina
12-10-2002, 07:12 PM
JJ, Checked out your new Hummer today, what a beauty. It's ready to go,just needs a wash and somebody to drive it home. In the meantime, don't worry, it's well surrounded by a fence and about 50 other Hummers. If you need to be picked-up at the airport or need anything else while your in town let me know. Racina

JJ
12-11-2002, 01:19 AM
RACINA,
thanks for the post and I really appreciate your gracious offer... This is what I like about this forum - just good ol' people helping each other out. I plan to do the taxi thing primarily because I'm not quite sure what time my flight will get in - I'm actually trying to make a very close connection.

If you are going to be in the area we could meet at the dealer Thursday late afternoon. Your call.

JJ

racina
12-11-2002, 09:58 AM
Let's go to "Private Topics".