PDA

View Full Version : Engine light on...

Gromet
01-28-2004, 01:43 AM
OK, I was working on my stereo system, and let the battery die. Got it running again (Jumped it) and now the service engine light is on.

It is on steady... ??? Tried calling OnStar, but we are having a storm and I didn't get a direct connection so they couldn't run a diagnostic. Tried a few times but took a while to connect.

Anyone have any idea? I have it in the garage now, and aom hoping that when I leave in the morning, everything is fine again, but just wondered if any of yoiu have seen this?

2003 Black - Adv/Lux Package

Gromet
01-28-2004, 01:43 AM
OK, I was working on my stereo system, and let the battery die. Got it running again (Jumped it) and now the service engine light is on.

It is on steady... ??? Tried calling OnStar, but we are having a storm and I didn't get a direct connection so they couldn't run a diagnostic. Tried a few times but took a while to connect.

Anyone have any idea? I have it in the garage now, and aom hoping that when I leave in the morning, everything is fine again, but just wondered if any of yoiu have seen this?

Big Z
01-28-2004, 07:18 AM
Could be just a fluke, but will probable need reset @ the dealer.

Make sure the gas cap is on tight--as it will cause an engine light also.

Gromet
01-28-2004, 11:09 AM
Come out this morning and the light was off, OnStar did a diagnostic, and everything checked out, so looks like all is good again.

Thanks.

HappyJack
01-28-2004, 09:28 PM
Same thing happened to me.

Cheers

Rbohno
01-29-2004, 12:12 AM
I went through some water approximately 2' deep and my engine and TC2 light came on. I got home turned off the motor and the next morning when I started it the lights were off. So 2 - 3 months later ( last weekend ) I went through a puddle at about 15 mph and the lights came back on.Took it to the dealer Monday and they said rear wheel sensor was shorted out and they put di-electric grease in some connections up front, then hinted I shouldn't go through high water .
Just FYI Rich