PDA

View Full Version : Roof Cargo Box

vlad
02-06-2003, 03:12 PM
Did anyone purchase the "hummer" roof top cargo box? I was wondering about the quality of it verses another brand. Is ther a seal to protect the contents , gas operated hinge,etc??

vlad
02-06-2003, 03:12 PM
Did anyone purchase the "hummer" roof top cargo box? I was wondering about the quality of it verses another brand. Is ther a seal to protect the contents , gas operated hinge,etc??

H2 X-Treme
02-07-2003, 07:06 PM
I would also like to get some details on the Hummer Box, I would like to know what the stats are on the box (who makes it, length, volume etc.)

I just picked up my H2 last week. It is like nothing else !!!

I sell Thule rack systems in my stores, and I will probably put a Thule Evolution 2100 on my H2. As long as it does not get in the way of the sunroof.

This option will save me money. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

SONA
02-08-2003, 12:55 AM
I have had a number of these roof boxes for the top, the only problem is that because they are not flexible, you cant always use all the space they afford. And none of them are truely waterproof... that was the biggest issue with me, so we have gone with a totally waterproof bag offered by whitewater rafting equipement outfitters, no water intrusion that way. The boxes always seemed to leak in a down pour. The little weeney latch they put on will not hold more then a tiny lock so not much security offered if you are overnight in a hotel.

"Let me show you my gun collection"