PDA

View Full Version : H2 Roof Rattle

TJ
12-06-2002, 07:49 PM
H2GIRL,

It sounds as if you have the same roof rattle problem that we've been having. We took it in and they "re-secured the roof rack mounts". This, however, did not take care of the problem, so, now on our next trip into the service department, we have asked them to remove the roof rack altogether to see if this will make that roof rattle disappear. Will let you know if this is what will take care of the problem, as soon as we are finally able to get our H2 back out of the service department that is and find out if the rattle is still there or not.

TJ
12-06-2002, 07:49 PM
H2GIRL,

It sounds as if you have the same roof rattle problem that we've been having. We took it in and they "re-secured the roof rack mounts". This, however, did not take care of the problem, so, now on our next trip into the service department, we have asked them to remove the roof rack altogether to see if this will make that roof rattle disappear. Will let you know if this is what will take care of the problem, as soon as we are finally able to get our H2 back out of the service department that is and find out if the rattle is still there or not.

H2Girl
12-07-2002, 03:06 AM
I removed my roof rack bars and still had the rattling. It seems as if air is getting in from under the marker roof lights and rattling something around.

Doug
12-07-2002, 04:38 PM
I had the same problem. After numerous trips to the dealer they ended up pulling down the entire overhead cover. They found a mount for the moonroof drain hose was not on correctly. Don't know if you have a moonroof but this corrected my roof rattle.
Hope this helps!

TJ
12-07-2002, 06:24 PM
No moonroof here. Sometimes it almost sounds more like the headliner rattling as opposed to the roof itself, or maybe both? And, the funny this is that about 80% of the time we hear it over the driver's side only. Our dealer has been really good, so hopefully if removing the roof rack doesn't end up solving the problem, they'll be able to figure what is causing this to happen. Air getting in somehow sounds like it might be feasible since this only happens at highway speed.

cognitive
07-25-2003, 04:41 AM
Sorry to bring this thread back... but I have the rattle now too. Driver's side roof.... if I press the little speaker(onstars speaker I believe) in the liner pretty hard, it goes away. I don't know exactly where it's coming from since it's hard to look around and listen at highway speeds. It's getting extremely annoying!!! I mean, I know cars will make noises eventually but this is right near my left ear.

TroysH2
07-25-2003, 12:10 PM
You may want to check the black pillar cover next to the windshield on either side. Check to see if the door is actually touching the plastic pillar cover, if it is, you will see paint and worn area on the pillar cover and a worn area on the upper part of the door where in may come in contact. If this is the case, then the pillar cover may need to be fastened down more securely or an adustment of the door. I discovered this on my H2 and tested it by putting a folded rag in the area of contact and drove at highway speeds and the vibration was gone. The fix was to resecure the pillar cover. best wishes, troy