PDA

View Full Version : Hood Cracks?

Buckeye Hummer
01-16-2004, 08:14 PM
OK, I had one crack repaired under warranty and now have 2 more. Hummer is sending me a new hood under warranty but it appears this is just going to continue. Is there any way to stop this or is it part of owning a truck with a fiberglass hood.

Yes, I offroad frequently and bounce the piss out of it.

Buckeye Hummer
01-16-2004, 08:14 PM
OK, I had one crack repaired under warranty and now have 2 more. Hummer is sending me a new hood under warranty but it appears this is just going to continue. Is there any way to stop this or is it part of owning a truck with a fiberglass hood.

Yes, I offroad frequently and bounce the piss out of it.

Axleman
01-17-2004, 12:16 AM
I think you have answered your own question.

Scot Smith

1994 HMC4

"They're right, Wider IS Better..."

Yetti
05-13-2004, 10:37 PM
I was wondering , are the GM folks going to let you keep the old hood? if so then rig a lift in your garage to swap them out from off road hood to daily driver hood.

Arizona Hummerboy
06-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Buckeye, take the hood off when you off road and you wont have that problem. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

It\'s a Dry Heat
08-03-2004, 05:50 PM
You beat me to it Hummer Boy.
Serious... Learn how to do fiberglass work. reinforce that area. - its not that hard, stop drill the cracks and paint a design in that area. Do this on one of your old hoods. Then when you fixed it - sale the idea back to GM.