PDA

View Full Version : EATON Superchargers

HUMDNGR
08-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Anyone running the EATON supercharger and how do you like it? (2) Did anyone install it themselves and is there anything I should look out for? (3) What octane fuel are you running? And lastly (4) What is the difference in fuel mileage?
Thanks in advance for any info. Peter

HUMDNGR
08-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Anyone running the EATON supercharger and how do you like it? (2) Did anyone install it themselves and is there anything I should look out for? (3) What octane fuel are you running? And lastly (4) What is the difference in fuel mileage?
Thanks in advance for any info. Peter

Apex IV
08-09-2003, 12:19 PM
Peter:

Not running an Eaton, nor ANY supercharger at the moment, but we've got three different performance mods we're dong over the next month. We have four H2's and we're keeping one stock as a "baseline" unit. Two units will get Whipples, and variations on an intake/exhaust system, and one will be just intake/exhaust, etc. We'll be posting out times, details, photos, etc. as the project progresses. BTW, we are NOT dealers, or anything like that - just H2 owners like others here. Anyway, although it's not the Eaton, perhaps our experiences and data will help you in your quest for info.

-Randall Garrett-

Bighammer
08-09-2003, 06:58 PM
Randall

Who in San Antonio is installing the Whipple units?

C Graygor

Apex IV
08-09-2003, 08:51 PM
We are. I have an automotive background and one of the other H2 drivers is still active in racing, so he's go a complete shop (less lift) in his garage... :-)

Normally, these days I let someone else do most mechanical stuff to our vehicles, but in this particular case, with the exception of the exhaust (to messy), we'll be doing these mods ourselves. I find it fun to do and it's the only way I'll know that all the little stuff is done right... :-)

Craig Cutcher @ Ken Batchelor told me he knows who I could get to do a MagnaCharger install. Tim Duncan said his supercharger was installed by the San Antonio Porsche shop. They also told me the same thing. I wouldn't imagine any shop in SA has done enough Hummers to make them experts on any particular unit, though, so I'd imagine anyone who would do the MagnaCharger would be happy to do a Whipple...

I've been advised that "the average Joe (with tools) can do the Whipple in about 10 - 12 man hours, including about an hour or so to go over the entire instructions first, lay things out, etc. I'm expecting a full weekend for the first H2...

We'll do Mark's first (don't want MINE to be the guinea pig - lol) since I'm leaving for a two week drive through Colorado at the end of this month. I've gotten good reliability reports from folks with the Whipple units, but my unit has less than 1,000 miles on it (650?) and I'd hate to be in a high pass and have something break... Will install mine when I get back.

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-

Bighammer
08-09-2003, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the info. I have been in touch with Whipple and they referred me to Auto-Tek in Austin as their closest dealer/installer. I Thought you may have a closer contact. Can't beat your deal though. Looking forward to the results.

C Graygor

Apex IV
08-10-2003, 12:00 PM
Big:

Well. Corpus is not that far - come on up! Maybe you'd like to come watch, just to see what all happens, take a test drive, etc.

BTW, my wife is from Corpus... :-)

-Randall Garrett-

Bighammer
08-10-2003, 02:10 PM
Hate that we're hijacking this thread.

Thats an offer a sane man cannot refuse. Just let me know when and where. Maybe I can help out and hand someone a wrench or get lunch, or something. My daughter lives in SA so that makes it really convenient. When do you anticipate doing the install?
Appreciate the offer.

C Graygor

Yellow H2 Lux-Xtreme CAI & Exhaust-Predator Tune

Apex IV
08-11-2003, 01:25 PM
BigH:

You're right, this is an EATON thread. View my profile and email me there and we'll hook up.

-Randall Garrett-

Neal Bardens
08-16-2003, 10:39 PM
I installed the Eaton my self. It was very easy and the directions are execellent.Have not checked the gas milage yet but plan to do so soon. It took me seven hours to install and no special tools required.It makes a large improvement to the H2.
Neal

DROPER
08-17-2003, 12:08 AM
Based on months on this forum and some personal experiences I can't afford to do anything mechanical that will become an excuse for my dealer or GM to void my warranty, but I do want a supercharger.

Has anyone explicitly asked GM if you self-install a supercharger whether it impacts your warranty?

whipplecharged
08-19-2003, 04:18 AM
The dealer can't decline your warranty because of something aftermarket. The dealers do it themself. The way it works if there is a problem the dealer would have to prove the cause of the problem was because of the aftermarket parts installed on your vehicle.

Whipplecharged

NJ H2
08-31-2003, 08:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Neal Bardens:
I installed the Eaton my self. It was very easy and the directions are execellent.Have not checked the gas milage yet but plan to do so soon. It took me seven hours to install and no special tools required.It makes a large improvement to the H2.
Neal<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neal,
if you don't mind, can you tell us what you paid for the Eaton?

Neal Bardens
09-04-2003, 12:15 AM
Sorry for the delay, but was out of town. It was a package deal. Headers, exhaust, polished supercharger right at $6,800.00

whipplecharged
09-04-2003, 02:56 AM
Sounds like a good deal. I did find a little better on the Radix supercharger kit, headers and exhaust for the H2.

Was that price with or without shipping?

Neal Bardens
09-09-2003, 10:48 PM
That included freight.