PDA

View Full Version : What's the latest on tire chain availability?

Stalg
12-17-2002, 06:29 AM
I've read this has been discussed before, but as a newbie I'll ask again. Has anyone found chains for the H2? Do quik-grip chains work? Do we actually have issues with clearance in our huge wheel-wells?
Thanks for any info on this. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Stalg
12-17-2002, 06:29 AM
I've read this has been discussed before, but as a newbie I'll ask again. Has anyone found chains for the H2? Do quik-grip chains work? Do we actually have issues with clearance in our huge wheel-wells?
Thanks for any info on this. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Big Z
12-17-2002, 03:26 PM
N/A for stock 315's, But able to get them if enough interest/buyers, to make it cost effective. I have studded 35/12.5/17's on, and they do make chains for this size.

Stalg
12-17-2002, 07:54 PM
Vulcan Tire Sales has a Super-Z and a Quik-Grip that fits 315/70R-17 but they do not meet "Class S Clearance" as required according to our owner's manual. I can't imagine, though, that they could actually hit the wheel wells! The clearance is huge. Has anyone tried these chains?

Rogue H2
12-21-2002, 12:06 AM
My local dealer said he has Quick Grip chains for the H2. If I use non class-S chains from a dealer that says they are for the H2, does that still void my warranty?

JJ
12-21-2002, 08:57 PM
When in doubt go with the manufacturer's recommendations. The dealer may or may not take care of a subsequent problem. Or, purchase the chains from the dealer and get in writing his/her guarantee to take care of any problems should they develop.

JJ