PDA

View Full Version : Speaker probs?

devilsfan
02-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Has anyone had any speaker probs with their 03? I started getting a vibrating/odd noise coming from the passenger side door speaker this morning. Only happens with certain tones, tho, no effect with heavy bass. Any tips? It'll be going to the dealer in a week, so I figured another thing to add to my repair list!

Stacy

2003 yellow Lux with sunroof, 3rd row seat,painted dash, rear tire carrier
1970 VW Karmann Ghia, black with a flame job and too many mods to list

devilsfan
02-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Has anyone had any speaker probs with their 03? I started getting a vibrating/odd noise coming from the passenger side door speaker this morning. Only happens with certain tones, tho, no effect with heavy bass. Any tips? It'll be going to the dealer in a week, so I figured another thing to add to my repair list!

Stacy

2003 yellow Lux with sunroof, 3rd row seat,painted dash, rear tire carrier
1970 VW Karmann Ghia, black with a flame job and too many mods to list

RIC-H0
02-18-2004, 01:04 PM
Make sure ther's nothing hiding in the side compartment that might be rattling around!
I've made the mistake of pulling the door panel and looking for rattle sources, and then found a ball point pen in the pocket to be the source.

Ric-H2

mstams
02-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Yes, I had a similar speaker problem (buzz) in my front and rear passenger speakers. The sound alternated between two different tones front to rear and sounded almost like crickets. Turning off the ignition always immediately stopped the sound. My dealer rewired the amp (something about a service bulletin), but it did not fix the problem. Then about two months later the sounds stopped completely, so I'm not exactly sure what it was -- just that it was very annoying there for a while... Good luck figuring it out!!

Andy M
02-29-2004, 05:38 PM
Nope!...it's ALL good!