PDA

View Full Version : Hypertech Progamming

J.T.H2
01-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Hi all!
What a wealth of information here!! I just tuned my '04 H2 with the Hypertech Power Progammer. I definitely feel the difference in the power and shifting. My question is, how do I know if my mpg is improving (currently 10.5 mpg). Will this hopefully change on my next 1 or 2 gas fill ups? How does it factor the avg? I'd would appreciate any recommendations on programmer settings (don't have on hand the settings I used). Thanks!!!

J.T.H2
Hi all!
What a wealth of information here!! I just tuned my '04 H2 with the Hypertech Power Progammer. I definitely feel the difference in the power and shifting. My question is, how do I know if my mpg is improving (currently 10.5 mpg). Will this hopefully change on my next 1 or 2 gas fill ups? How does it factor the avg? I'd would appreciate any recommendations on programmer settings (don't have on hand the settings I used). Thanks!!!

J.T.H2
Hi all!

HummerLV
01-05-2005, 10:51 PM
jose welcome,

better performance- yes
better mpg- no, even if you keep your foot out of it.

J.T.H2
01-06-2005, 12:10 AM
Bummer, man...

timgco
01-06-2005, 02:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by J.Trujillo:
Bummer, man... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

what settings did you use?

you won't see better mpg. sorry. But way more fun to drive. Welcome! And congrats on your 04.

J.T.H2
01-06-2005, 03:14 AM
I set the:
Octane= 93
Rev Limit= 61000
Top Speed= 128 mph
Rear Gear Ratio= 4.10
Shift Points= 1-2 Shift= +3 mph
2-3 Shift= +8 mph
3-4 Shift= +10 mph
Increased Shift Firmnesss

If anyone has something else that has worked better, I'd appreciate your recommendations...

timgco
01-06-2005, 06:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by J.Trujillo:
I set the:
Octane= 93
Rev Limit= 61000
Top Speed= 128 mph
Rear Gear Ratio= 4.10
2-3 Shift= +8 mph
3-4 Shift= +10 mph

If anyone has something else that has worked better, I'd appreciate your recommendations...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have an 03 and run 87 octane
6100 red line
top speed 128
1st to 2nd up 3mph
2nd to 3rd up 4mph
3rd to fourth up 5 mph
Inreased shift firmness
tire size 36.75 for my 37" tires.

this is what hypertech said for me to use. I haven't tried anything else yet.

LasVegas
01-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by J.Trujillo:
I set the:
Octane= 93
Rev Limit= 61000
Top Speed= 128 mph
Rear Gear Ratio= 4.10
2-3 Shift= +8 mph
3-4 Shift= +10 mph

Wow..61,000 rpm. When did they come out with a turbine powered H2? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Seriously though, I've been thinking about doing this. Is it really that much better performance and where did you buy yours?

HummerLV
01-06-2005, 10:35 PM
yes it does give a great improvement, and i got mine from 4WPW, in henderson talk to bill,in vegas talk to jess if he's still there

J.T.H2
01-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the feedback. My bad, 6100 not 61000 rpm! I got my programmer from a friend who totalled his Avalanche and had no use for it. Saved myself a couple hundred bucks.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-07-2005, 04:59 PM
J.Trujillo
HI Rick here. I have been using programers along time made by Hypertech. It is a quality instrument. I wanted to warn You about transfering a programer from the use of one vehicle to a different vehicle. My Hypertech was bought 1999 and may be different know but, I was told by Hypertech that the programer was VIN specific and could cause damage to the vehicle You moved it to. You may not have a worry or problem ever. I wish I could have warned You sooner but for Your own peace of mind and others call hypertech and You can give them Your number on the programer and tell if You should be alright.
Do not mean at all to put worry on You but I just wanted You to know what Hypertech told Me. My info is probably old news.
Let Us know what they say if You do not mind.
Rick

J.T.H2
01-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Here is the email that I got from Hypertech's support team. These are the recommended settings for my H2...

The only option that increases power is choosing Yes to our Power Tuning for 87 or 93 octane fuels. The 93 setting is the most aggressive and there must be 93 octane in the tank. The shift point adjustments only affect wide open throttle shifts. +3 on the 1-2 shift and +6 on the 2-3 shift are good starting points. At wide open throttle on the 3-4 shift you are traveling at a high rate of speed and most never see the 3-4 shift at WOT. You can go as high as +8-9 on the 3-4 shift if you like. Be sure to move the rev limiter up about 300-400 rpm to get it out of the way. It will shift before hitting the rev limiter with these settings. Thanks

Jim

timgco
01-10-2005, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by J.T.H2:
Here is the email that I got from Hypertech's support team. These are the recommended settings for my H2...

_The only option that increases power is choosing Yes to our Power Tuning for 87 or 93 octane fuels. The 93 setting is the most aggressive and there must be 93 octane in the tank. The shift point adjustments only affect wide open throttle shifts. +3 on the 1-2 shift and +6 on the 2-3 shift are good starting points. At wide open throttle on the 3-4 shift you are traveling at a high rate of speed and most never see the 3-4 shift at WOT. You can go as high as +8-9 on the 3-4 shift if you like. Be sure to move the rev limiter up about 300-400 rpm to get it out of the way. It will shift before hitting the rev limiter with these settings. Thanks

Jim_ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll have to try those. Last time i checked with them, they gave me different advice with teh trans shift points. Makes me wonder.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-10-2005, 04:55 PM
I in know way mean for anyone to do to thier rig what I do to mine. I am just sharing my experience with tuners as I have been using them a long time especially Hypertech. With warning out of the way i will tell You that Hypertech people, a great group, I have visited with them several times as I live around 1 hour 30 minutes away from headquaters in Memphis. Tells You what they have to so they are protected agianst legal action over thier product. They are not going to tell You what I'm sharing as My experience. But, they are engineers and they understand exactly what I'm going to say here and most likely do it themselves. Colder air and engine temp prevents ping which is early ignition of fuel mixture. In My 99 Silverado since Feb. 1999 I have run 93 oct. setting on 87 oct. fuel and the performance is unreal compared to the 87 oct. setting. I get no ping as I run 160 degree t-stat and cold air intake. I also run dual electric fans but only for last 1 1/2 years. If I keep it as cool as I can running the higher setting works fine for Me. The most important thing to change is the t-stat to 160 degree. I have had a programer for My 2005 H2 for 2 months and have been experimenting with it and I have all the cooling i can get at this time and I have been running 93 setting with 87 oct. fuel and runs like a scawlded dog, cannot wait till I get Magnacharger on. I mentioned in another post the rating you see on pump is a minimum that fuel processor must meet if the state stops and draws a sample to see if they are cheating. My friend in Houston who is a chemical engineer for oil co. says that the pump is usually pumping higher oct. so that it last longer in transport system (read label on pump sticker oct. notice). Oct. degrades as it sets unused. He said most turn fuel over so quick that most of the time You are getting a lot higher oct. than pump says.
That said I will have 160 degree t-stat in this week from Lingenfelter as they are the only one who has it for 2005 H2. I talked to Hypertech and they will not have one as the 05 H2 Gm service people tells them it should not have 160. This was told to me this morning. If this is so why is Lingenfelter willing to sell one or do a complete SC install and then warranty it. This off the wall stuff you have to learn yourself or from someone else who likes going fast and surprising people with speed of 7000lb rig so much that they will try what ever they have to. You know who I'm talking about Ken. I may not have the full deal from Lingenfelter but i got a piece of the technology. If Magnacharger will not help enough of line My performance shop is already drawing up a plan to instal nitrous to be used early until around 2500 rpm when the charger will do the rest from there. I just can't help it I have to feel like I've got to make sure I can go fast but at least have a chance to go faster than the other guy.
Good luck with Your trials with programer.

TAZ (Rick)