PDA

View Full Version : Trucks in the shop

BLH2
04-22-2006, 01:19 PM
I dropped the truck off on Thursday to get serviced. My sunroof stopped working on Wednesday, and there has been a noise from the suspension since the day I bought it. Truck only has 2,000 miles on it. What the hell. I got a call today that the sunroof motor was replaced and that they need to change the control arms. Is this a common issue? Not to happy with these problems on a 2 month old truck.

HummerNewbie
04-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Have not heard of these being common problems but things happen. Sorry you had these problems but every make and model with have problems here and there. Some will be lucky and have none and some will have far worse problems.

Planohummer
04-22-2006, 02:44 PM
Rear control arms are a known issue, only on early production 2006 trucks. the real culprit is a new bushing design--they've been redesigned.
Can't speak for the sunroof issue.

timgco
04-22-2006, 08:38 PM
the sunroof issue has been an issue since th first H2's came out. My 03 and 05 had that issue. The control arm issue is new news to me though. Please keep us posed as to what the issue was.

PARAGON
04-22-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by BLH2:
I dropped the truck off on Thursday to get serviced. My sunroof stopped working on Wednesday, and there has been a noise from the suspension since the day I bought it. Truck only has 2,000 miles on it. What the hell. I got a call today that the sunroof motor was replaced and that they need to change the control arms. Is this a common issue? Not to happy with these problems on a 2 month old truck. WTF are you complaining about? That's what a warranty is for. With the multitude of parts that go into making a vehicle and the process it takes, it's asinine to think that one might not encounter problems from time to time.

I'm not happy that my truck is almost 4 years old but you don't see GM or the dealer doing anything about that do you? Get over it and thank them for taking care of the problems as they arise. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

MONSTERMATT
04-22-2006, 09:05 PM
whatever, it is disturbing to buy a new truck and have to have things fixed @ 2k miles, he got the truck so he could drive it , not leave it at the dealer for service

PARAGON
04-22-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by MONSTERMATT:
whatever, it is disturbing to buy a new truck and have to have things fixed @ 2k miles, he got the truck so he could drive it , not leave it at the dealer for service if you find it "disturbing," maybe you should just stick to used cars

MovinH2
04-22-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MONSTERMATT:
whatever, it is disturbing to buy a new truck and have to have things fixed @ 2k miles, he got the truck so he could drive it , not leave it at the dealer for service if you find it "disturbing," maybe you should just stick to used cars </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

X2 http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

BLH2
04-23-2006, 12:31 PM
thats a very STUPID response. You dont buy a car to have it sit in the shop. I just miss the truck. Maybe I have been lucky but this is my first vehicle that I had warranty issues.

PARAGON
04-23-2006, 01:34 PM
thats a very STUPID response. You dont buy a car to have it sit in the shop. I just miss the truck. Maybe I have been lucky but this is my first vehicle that I had warranty issues. So, why not complain about the time it sits in the shop to have normal maintenance done? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

H2 Ranger
04-23-2006, 01:56 PM
thats a very STUPID response. You dont buy a car to have it sit in the shop. I just miss the truck. Maybe I have been lucky but this is my first vehicle that I had warranty issues.
Its not good that something like this has happened to you at 2k miles. Things happen, sometimes for the good and sometimes for the bad. I would like to think there is a difference between Scheduled Maintenance and Unscheduled Maintenance. I know your time is money too. For what its worth, I had one issue with mine once too. Since then no more issues outside of Scheduled Maintenance. Keep us posted on the Arms though....(strange)