PDA

View Full Version : Fan Runs At Full Speed.

EddyMacRep
11-19-2005, 03:07 AM
I've looked all over the net and i can't figure out why my fan somtimes only runs at full speed. I've checked fuses they are all good. And i have no lower speeds at all.

Anyone have this problem before?

Jason.

EddyMacRep
11-19-2005, 03:07 AM
I've looked all over the net and i can't figure out why my fan somtimes only runs at full speed. I've checked fuses they are all good. And i have no lower speeds at all.

Anyone have this problem before?

Jason.

HUMMERDOGG
11-19-2005, 05:47 AM
Eddy-

You have a private message...

Beastmaster
11-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Resistor pack. It's this thing that looks like it's in a cage near your air filter on the passenger side. Has a connector on it and is held in by 2 phillips head screws.

Clean the contacts. If it doesn't fix it, then the pack itself is bad.

Go here for more:
http://www.amghummer.com/Maintenance/hvac/hvacproblems.htm

-Steve

NoMoGMPG
11-21-2005, 03:33 PM
If you put it on low/medium and it still blows high in those settings, it would be a high blower relay. If you have no fan at all in the lower speeds, then it would be the resistor. Easy to check with a VOM.

Dave

f5fstop
12-01-2005, 09:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GMPartsGuy:
If you put it on low/medium and it still blows high in those settings, it would be a high blower relay. If you have no fan at all in the lower speeds, then it would be the resistor. Easy to check with a VOM.

Dave </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless you have a dead short somewhere, PartsGuy is correct.

If it runs in low through medium in high speed, pull the relay attached to the blower (under the I/P), if it now works in low through medium, the relay needs to be replaced.
If it still runs in high, you got problems. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
If it only runs in high, and not in low through high medium (1-3, then sounds like the resistor, which is just left of the relay on the blower motor case.