PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Trails on the East Coast

Zing
01-04-2003, 06:54 PM
Just like skiing, seems like the West Coast people have the best trails. For those who have offroaded on the East Coast, what is your favorite trail and rate it 1-10 (10 being best).

Zing
01-04-2003, 06:54 PM
Just like skiing, seems like the West Coast people have the best trails. For those who have offroaded on the East Coast, what is your favorite trail and rate it 1-10 (10 being best).

Mike97ZJ
01-05-2003, 12:27 AM
I've only been to a few trails in MA and NH, nothing too hardcore.

As far as east coast, there is Paragon Adventure Park in PA, Tellico and Uhawarrie (sp?) in NC.

Those are the only nationally known trails that I can think of.

I'm sure if you hooked up with a few wheeling clubs you'd find a few good ones withing close driving distance of you.

1997 Grand Cherokee TSi
It's got some lift, skids, and rock rails, among other things.

Joe
03-07-2003, 10:47 AM
I highly recommend Paragon. www.paragonap.com (http://www.paragonap.com) It is about 2 hours from either NYC or Philadelphia. Just got back from the monthly ride which was my first experience in real off-roading with the H2 and it was a great time. They still had a good deal of snow and ice on the ground which made even the easy trails a little more challenging. The only draw back I see if that in order to go it unguided you need a three vehicles in a group. Tough for those times when you just want to go on short notice. There monthly rides are hosted the first weekend of every month and are open to all... Check it out.

Being from Philadelphia I am also interested in hearing about the Pine Barrens. Anyone have any information on trails here? Any website links?

Thanks.

Mike97ZJ
03-07-2003, 01:46 PM
I plan on going to Paragon one of these days, it sounds like a lot of fun from what I've heard. Just kind of a long drive from MA.

As far as the Pine Barrens, I was told on another board that it isn't legal to wheel there. I think you can get in anyway, as some guys on the Jeep board I go to wheel there ocasionally. If you do go there, you do it at your own risk. Not sure what the penalties are if you get caught in there.

bklynh2srock
03-09-2003, 08:05 PM
The national Hummer Club is planning a trip to Paragon in June, check out their web site or the Local Events and Activities section of this forum, as I plan on going and trying to get as many Northeastern people from this forum to go as well.

DelawareH2
03-10-2003, 12:17 AM
Joe,

Any time yon want to go, let me know. I am always looking for an excuse to get out of the office. I am in Delaware so it isn't that far.

Joe
03-10-2003, 10:42 PM
Sounds great. I will let you know if I head up again and please do the same. We need at least three vehicles to go it unguided.

I was not planning on heading back up until the snow is gone. March 1st was a blast but they had solid ice pack and some nasty ruts which the H2 tires did not track in well. Managed to srap the paint of of most of my rear removable usteps.

Has anyone done the Deleware Beach "Surf" fishing thing. I here there are a couple of good spots to go on the beach (though you need to be doing so to surf fish).

Finally on the Hummer Club, has any of you joined this group. There website is pretty weak and I get the impression it is very very H1 centered. Curious of what you get for your membership other than a single Northeast invite to Paragon. Not being critical I just get caught up in these clubs only to find there really is little value in the long run.

If you haven't, check out MACHonline.com, local Hummer club free of charge.

Rushkiboy
03-15-2003, 12:56 PM
Would like to go to the Pine Barrons but don't know how to get there. Little help please. Also do you just pass the Park Ranger and notify them when entering or do you have to sneak in using a fire lane. Thanks,Eric.

Eric Yellow H2 Lux and Adverture Package

maybe some day...
05-28-2003, 11:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike97ZJ:
As far as the Pine Barrens, I was told on another board that it isn't legal to wheel there. I think you can get in anyway, as some guys on the Jeep board I go to wheel there ocasionally. If you do go there, you do it at your own risk. Not sure what the penalties are if you get caught in there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I live on the edge of the Pine Barrens and there has been quite a lot in the local news about crack downs on illegal off-roading - mostly talking about ATVs but all activities are being targetted for heavy enforcement. Most of the Pine Barrens is privately owned and posted for no trespassing. Obviously many people ignore the signs and break down fences and so on. The local police say that first offences are now a certain ticket as warnings just don't work. Also, there were some private areas where 4 wheeling was winked at by the land owners. Apparently there were some serious injuries last year and this well known area is now shut down.
AFAIK, there is no sanctioned off-roading in the pine barrens except by arrangement (invitation only) with private land owners. I think that your best bet is to get in with a club that has an existing arrangement with someone.

KenP
06-03-2003, 10:03 PM
It looks like I am going to be in the Asheville, NC area later this month. Does anyone have suggestions for me?

Also, where exactly is Paragon. That may be worth a trip.

Black Lingenfelter Lux

maybe some day...
06-04-2003, 10:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenP:
Also, where exactly is Paragon. That may be worth a trip.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.paragonap.com/

Joe
06-05-2003, 09:10 AM
Paragon is about 2.5 hours Northwest of Philadelphia. Probably the same Southwest from NYC. wbesite: www.paragonap.com (http://www.paragonap.com)

bklynh2srock
06-05-2003, 02:35 PM
Paragon is a complete blast. We were there in April and had the greatest time. Here are the pics.

Paragon pix (http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?q=Y&a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=5106011751&m=8396074403&p=1)

SuperPoser
09-09-2003, 01:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zazing:
Just like skiing, seems like the West Coast people have the best trails. For those who have offroaded on the East Coast, what is your favorite trail and rate it 1-10 (10 being best).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

where are you located?
paragon seems to be a popular reply...
I went there with the ttora mini-take over...
we had 25 taco's, we had a blast, but there are many other places to wheel too...
I goto wellsville all the time,
its only an hours drive for me though...

wellsville is near the ohio/pa/wv boarder...

http://www.eng.ysu.edu/~melliott/hobbies.htm