PDA

View Full Version : 6 disc changer/backup cam Questions

finbox
10-28-2004, 02:15 PM
First of all, thanks to Klaus, and everybody on this forum that has provided info on these mods.

I'm going to install a GM in-dash 6 disk changer and a backup cam with the PACS interface.

I have the factory Nav. 2004

Does the cable Part# 15312903 from the CD changer to the Nav/Radio have to be altered in any way, or is it just a simple plug in?

Any hints on removing the dash parts to access the radio?

Also any other problems that you guys encountered during your installs.

Thanks in advance,

finbox

finbox
First of all, thanks to Klaus, and everybody on this forum that has provided info on these mods.

I'm going to install a GM in-dash 6 disk changer and a backup cam with the PACS interface.

Does the cable Part# 15312903 from the CD changer to the Nav/Radio have to be altered in any way, or is it just a simple plug in?

Thanks in advance,

finbox

finbox

Thanks in advance,

finbox

finbox
11-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Thanks Klaus...
Cd changer works great, thanks for all the info!!

U Da Man!!

Finbox

Klaus
11-01-2004, 03:07 PM
Outstanding! Where's the pictures? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

O.C. Tonka
11-04-2004, 03:20 AM
Do you guys know if an In-dash 6 disc changer can be installed if you have Touch-screen Nav + XM? I was told that I'd have to install it underneath the rear seat. I have a 2005 LUX.

H2 SVO
11-06-2004, 05:29 PM
TONKA,

I have a 2005 LUX with the touch screen nav also. I had a 6 disk changer installed by the dealer before I picked it up. I chose to have it installed in the tool kit holder behind my interior spare tire. They gave me alot of options where it could go. And yes the touch screen nav does interface fine with a new screen to control the changer appearing when the changer got installed.

O.C. Tonka
11-07-2004, 07:23 PM
SVO,

Thanks for that info. I was looking into aftermarket installation and the Good Guys didn't even think it was possible. The H2 dealer in So-Cal gave me the impression that it had to go under the rear middle seat. I like your spot behind the spare tire, I'll probably go with that. Do you know if the CD-changer has to run through the FM modulator?

H2 SVO
11-08-2004, 11:17 PM
NO MODULATOR!!

I asked this question to my dealer because I doubted the addition to the factory system. They said no...so of course I was waiting to say I told you so to the dealer BUT alas....when I picked it up...it was hard wired to the head and like I said before a new screen shows up that allows you to control the 6 disk using the touch screen.

I think they sent my H2 over to California Customs to do that install because I know it was not done on the premise.

Hope it works out Tonka!