PDA

View Full Version : SMA Headers

MSeeb
10-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Need some help!! I wanted to have the dealer install a set of the SMA headers on my truck, but when I was talking to the parts guy at the dealer he mentioned that he had heard of some problems with exhuast leakage from around the header flange and gasket. He wasn't sure if this has been corrected by SMA. Do any of you have any experience with SMA headers? If so anyone have these installed recently. Thanks

MSeeb
10-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Need some help!! I wanted to have the dealer install a set of the SMA headers on my truck, but when I was talking to the parts guy at the dealer he mentioned that he had heard of some problems with exhuast leakage from around the header flange and gasket. He wasn't sure if this has been corrected by SMA. Do any of you have any experience with SMA headers? If so anyone have these installed recently. Thanks

crash
10-09-2003, 12:45 PM
I am not familure with that brand, but am with headers in general. Is it a straight/flat 3 bolt flange at the collector?

certified H2 tech.

MSeeb
10-09-2003, 05:57 PM
Crash: I believe they are. It is hard to tell from the picture. You can see it on www.smahummer.com (http://www.smahummer.com) under the H2 performance area. I was looking at the Stage III performance kit. The exhaust leakage I was told about apparently is around the flange to head mounting area.

crash
10-09-2003, 08:19 PM
We have yet to sell "any" headers, and asked the parts guy who strickly handles the H2 stuff and he had no idea of any changes or any problems to speak of..

certified H2 tech.

HUMTECH
10-09-2003, 09:35 PM
Iv'e Installed 3 sets Of The SMA Headers with no
Problems With Leakage. Yes They Are A Flat 3 Bolt Flange At The Collector, Bolts Right Up to Your Factory Y-Pipe With Factory Gaskets.

rvs9
10-11-2003, 12:03 AM
I've had the SMA headers, Air-Raid airbox, and (just this week) Magna-Charger supercharger kit installed. Have not had one performance problem yet. IMHO, SMA & their products are top-notch!

MSeeb
10-11-2003, 10:35 PM
Thanks for all of the input. I am going to go with the SMA headers.