PDA

View Full Version : If you have the SMA Heavy Duty Brushguard...

Zing
04-10-2004, 11:03 PM
I had a whole day with nothing to do so I spent time doing odds and ends on the H2. I realized I hadn't been under the hood all winter. When I tried to pull out the t-pins to pull SMA brushguard back, I found the t-pins to be rusted and COMPLETELY stuck. The t-pins themselves are stainless steel and lead, but the exposed metal from the holes drilled to fit the t-pins is what rusted. Needed to hammer them out and I greased them. Would have been a problem if I wasn't home and didn't have tools. Be careful.

Zing
I had a whole day with nothing to do so I spent time doing odds and ends on the H2. I realized I hadn't been under the hood all winter. When I tried to pull out the t-pins to pull SMA brushguard back, I found the t-pins to be rusted and COMPLETELY stuck. The t-pins themselves are stainless steel and lead, but the exposed metal from the holes drilled to fit the t-pins is what rusted. Needed to hammer them out and I greased them. Would have been a problem if I wasn't home and didn't have tools. Be careful.

Zing

Circuitguy
04-11-2004, 12:27 AM
This is very common with sma products. The rear tire carrier is even worst! BIG-C