PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my H3

funpilot
02-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Well I went in to my local Hummer dealer and placed an order for the H3. They expect I will get it in July as the first deliveries have again been pushed back. I can change anything I want up until they submit the orders so would welcome feedback.

First....I do not really like leather although I agree it does look nice so I ordered cloth....mistake???

I got the Off-Road Adventure Suspension Package, the better radio with XM and 6 cd, 16 inch wheels (on/off road),full locking rear differential, and the trailering option. So, no hole in the roof, no power seats, no leather.

Color: Boulder Gray Metallic

The dealer expects it will cost between 32-33K.

funpilot
02-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Well I went in to my local Hummer dealer and placed an order for the H3. They expect I will get it in July as the first deliveries have again been pushed back. I can change anything I want up until they submit the orders so would welcome feedback.

First....I do not really like leather although I agree it does look nice so I ordered cloth....mistake???

I got the Off-Road Adventure Suspension Package, the better radio with XM and 6 cd, 16 inch wheels (on/off road),full locking rear differential, and the trailering option. So, no hole in the roof, no power seats, no leather.

Color: Boulder Gray Metallic

The dealer expects it will cost between 32-33K.

KenP
02-05-2005, 10:09 PM
The OffRoad package comes with the 33" tires, doesn't it? If not you may want to get them. That little extra may come in handy.

Leather will be better when you decide to upgrade to the H1 or H2. I think it is also easier to clean.

PARAGON
02-05-2005, 10:12 PM
IMO, I would get the leather. Even on our 2 farm trucks I opted for leather because cloth seats wore out too easily and the leather would take more abuse if you just gave them a little care now and then.

I don't think I will ever get cloth over leather if I can help it.

HGW
02-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Go with the leather----looks great and when you sell, the cloth will be an issue for the buyer.

DRTYFN
02-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Definitely go with the leather- it's easier to clean and much more durable.
FWIW, when buying a vehicle always order it with as many options as possible. It'll be much easier to sell later on.

KenP
02-06-2005, 04:08 AM
Hey DRTY, dollar for dollar, the options aren't worth crap unless they are highly desirable, right? In other words, I could load a vehicle up with a bunch of crap options, but it may only be worth pennies on the dollar come trade time.

Example: 2003 H2 with leather and air is worth more $2$ than the same vehicle loaded with over priced options. Check out EBAY.

Sure a vehicle with more options is easier to sell, but there is a point of diminishing return on the price of the options givin their desirability in the aftermarket. Especially the trade-in market where the dealer is trying to make a buck on the front and back ends.

You may be an expert on this as I am not, but damn. I loved to sell loaded vehicles at full pop. I dreaded seeing them return...

Kahloq
02-09-2005, 04:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenP:
The OffRoad package comes with the 33" tires, doesn't it? If not you may want to get them. That little extra may come in handy.

Leather will be better when you decide to upgrade to the H1 or H2. I think it is also easier to clean. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even with the standard 32" tires, they are bigger then the competitors, but I agree with getting the 33" ones. My wife says put 39" after market tires on it LOL. She really wants a truck you gotta step up into and use grab handles.

4churchill
02-14-2005, 03:31 AM
i had cloth in my '03 now i have the ebony leather in my'05 and all i can say is it's 10000000000 times better. plus its alot easier to clean

funpilot
02-28-2005, 01:20 AM
Checked with my dealer this weekend to see if they heard anything new.....nope. Anyone else hear any updates on pricing yet?

4churchill
02-28-2005, 03:15 AM
fun, were not taking orders yet at our dealer, but we have had plenty of inquiries. We havent received pricing officially, but our gm just came back from HUMMER meeting last week, and they were floating about $35k to start. i know that number is what most are expecting, but i'd say its a good bet.

funpilot
02-28-2005, 09:41 PM
That is 7K more than what my dealer thought. I will wish Hummer good luck at that starting level.

funpilot
02-28-2005, 10:33 PM
Called Lynch Hummer and they said they have heard nothing different from the 29,999 starting price for a standard trany, basic hummer 3..... They expect their first trucks in May.

timgco
02-28-2005, 11:44 PM
I was also told May/ June for sthe first to get to the dealers. also some options may not be readily available at first. I wa also told $41K loaded.... starting mid $30ish.
that's not a bad price considering. Put any options on a GC or Durango and your around that price too. Loaded around High 30's is doable and we may get one.

4churchill
03-01-2005, 01:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funpilot:
Called Lynch Hummer and they said they have heard nothing different from the 29,999 starting price for a standard trany, basic hummer 3..... They expect their first trucks in May. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the chances of a dealer ever seeing one at that price is slim to none...that'd be like seeing a straight base H2..it never happs whether it be a chrome package or a sunroof, or something here or there, a stock truck very rarely leaves the production line.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
03-01-2005, 04:22 AM
PARAGON
I stumbled on to this so I know You are in AG. We have more in common now as I farmed most of my life and got tired of Gov. interference. I had 5000 acres 1100 owned and paid for. Raised rice so if You need a back up rice man or combine driver let Me know I can run anything. IN 1998 I farmed the whole thing with Me and 2 retired guys who worked part time. I offered $2000 a month at coop for help for 6 months cash money and could get no takers. I cut rice acreage back and went heavy beans no-til and some corn. I got down to the last fields of beans having hired a worthless harvester to help and His engine went down so while He is out wandering around Myself and 2 old men pull it and repair put it back in finished and told if He showed up for pay He was likely to walk away limping permantely or not at all. Well I almost worked Myself to death and late Oct. I told everyone I'm done I do not have to work this hard no one believed me but I called a broker and in 2 weeks of my statement made while pulling the engine i had sold had auction in feb. 99 equipment all paid for. Took a year off to compose myself mentally and went back to finding ways to make money i had not tried and so far everyone has been a big hit. I miss the smell of the fresh turned dirt there is nothing like it but that is all i miss. I bleed green but had some good red equipment too especially combine. I had once a JD 9500 that I traded a 7720 II turbo the last year made and it would have out cut the 9500 first year out, all kind of problems. finally bought a used 1840 just try one and it out cut the 9500 so i went on got new 1680 and it was a mean machine.
Well I'm reminicing to much I'll be back buying a small farm or something if i do not stop. But, seriouly if You ever need quick help in AG i can get it done. Farmed on my own since i was 25. Just went with a little money and asking to rent land just kept getting bigger. I know it has changed alot with GPS so i would be alittle behind but i had began to mess with it and the planes used it to spray. I bet You could get me up to speed real quick. I'm self taught on computers and so have not found one i could not fix, yet. I started with a 8088 in 1985 just when they were getting useful for bookkeeping and satilite crop pricing, weather etc. Just kept learning to upgrade myself and enjoyed it.
Thanks for bringing the memories back.

Hope You had a great year in farming. last 5 years I was in it was a pain to make a profit but i always found away. I started in early 80's right after big drought of 1980 in some of the tighest times first bean crop I sold for $4.85 no gov. support to speak of which i did not like anyway if possible. Then in the middle years did real good and then last 2 or 3 years it got tough again and I got out just before the past good years came about. Isn't that about they way it goes most times.
I think I remember You passing up academic scholarship. That is real wierd i had a full academic ride at U of A and passed it up as My Grandpaw's son took off leaving Him holding the bag so I stayed. I played with Dan Hampton in High School and I was the tailback. Frank came to see Him and saw Me My jr. year early and after being one of the leading rushers i had a chance to room with Dan and go on academic which back then would not count against football scholarship. Well I got messed up bad running a kick off back held up in a pile and last thing I remember was a black Jonesboro Huricane helment crown hitting me in the face. it crushed my face mask and crushed My nose running my football career. I got a plastic/cartilage nose bridge, tech was low way back in 70's, as the hit caved My mask into my face well You get the idea. I just remember waking up in a hospital with the second serious footbal injury one in sophmore year and single MOM that I helped raise 3 sisters starting at 13 even with some ins. MOM just begged Me not to play anymore We can not afford the med bills. When You have a MOM that works 14 hours a day to cover for sorry SOB that left her with 4 kids You really can not go against that so I past on college football and still feel the loss of not having given it a chance. I would have been with Ben Cowens, Jerry Eckwood and of course LOU Holtz who took over just as i would have been going up thier. I could have been in Florida for the big Orange Bowl game. Like My sorry Pop use to say to me when I asked for something. Spit in one hand a wish in the other and see which won fills up first. I guess that is why I have spoiled My girls so much i did not want them to need or want for anything.
BY they way Dan never played defense in HS. He was My right tackle and the reason for alot of My yards. Frank told Him He was going to defense. We played platoon in HS and He never got to play defense even when both of asked to play both ways coach would not og for it. I was alinebacker born and breed and played both ways until jr. HS. Frank said He wanted to put 20 lbs. on and move Me to line backer. I ran a 4.65 which back then was quite fast but not compared to now days. Thanks for taking a few minutes PARAGON for reading I appreciate it.
TAZ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
IMO, I would get the leather. Even on our 2 farm trucks I opted for leather because cloth seats wore out too easily and the leather would take more abuse if you just gave them a little care now and then.

I don't think I will ever get cloth over leather if I can help it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

frank6150
03-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Jesus Taz, I went through 2 cigarettes trying to read all that ****. You are contributing to my death! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PARAGON
03-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Dude, you are waaay out of my league in the farming deal. Our largest tractor is 85HP but we do have 4 and I think I have represented every brand made at one time or the other. Right now I have a new Kubota M6800 4WD w/ FEL, Ford 4600, 930 Case, and International 424, oh and a International Cub. It's always been a weekend deal. I grew up in the city but every weekend as long as I can remember I went down to the farm/ranch. We've raised just about every kind of farm animal there is, actually farmed maybe 75 acres but never sold any of crops off of it. Used to sell hay but it's been so wet the past several years everybody is in the hay business. Not really a hobby farm but also not a full blown operation.

I would have rode the bench under Rocky Felker. I played strong tackle both ways in HS but at the college level was short about 30-50 pounds. I also was not quick so I would have never made it at linebacker so I was recruited for hopes of maybe adding the size by my senior year and of course keeping the team GPA up.

A significant point in time (in hindsight) was, for me, in our Jr High state football title game. I use this story in talks I give and it's related to proper preparation and missed opportunity. It was the last seconds of the game and we were ahead by 3 and were on defense. They had driven to goal line and we held them for 3 plays inside the 5 but it was 4th and goal on the 2. Before the snap I had pumped myself up and had put thought into the offensive right tackle, who would become all-state in high school, and how he had played the whole game. I knew they would either run the option or just run off-tackle and was figuring out how I was going to get around this tackle to make the stop. I put every thought into it and knew that he fired off the ball very hard and since this was the last play of the game and the whole enchilada boilded down to this play, that he would come off the snap extra hard. I figured I was use that against him and instead of plugging the hole, just shed his block so that I could either deal with the fullback or make the tackle. Anyway, all of that thought paid off. He did indeed fire off hard and I slid him off to the inside and was standing 3 yards into the backfield unblocked. I stood the tailback (who had the ball) up at the 5 yard line but just didn't finish. I missed the tackle. I didn't wrap up well and he shook me off and trotted into the end zone through the hole left by me as the horn sounded. Game over.

The point I make in my talks about this is that I put all of this concentration in how I was going to beat the tackle so that I would be there to make the play and that was my sole thought process. Well, it worked great but that was only half of what was needed and I simply did not wrap up, missed the tackle and lost the game and the championship title because of it. Moral? You have to prepare and execute for the entire job not just the hardest part. It's the simple things that will jump up and bite you in the rump.

But, really. I would go with the leather. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
03-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Thanks PARAGON
That is great point. I believe that most people reguardless of education if they challenge themselves and plan like You mentioned and follow through like You said, all can be successful reguardless of what the success is measured by. It is not always financial. That is what i have tried to teach My girls and son in law. I'm going to use that if You do not mind. I mentor many young guys in business as well as life matters. I deal with many in Church situation as there are so many fatherless kids even in the Church.
Thanks
TAZ

OH and yes go with leather. My first time is with the H2 and I'll never own anyting else now.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
03-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Sorry Frank
I do have a problem with condensing my thoughts or trying to shorten My talks and info I give out. I work on it but it helps when I'm talking to some of the mentor groups i deal with as some are serious and I condense but, some ask you to just kill an hour so I fall back into lengthy discourse.
Sorry Everyone

TAZ (Rick)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frank6150:
Jesus Taz, I went through 2 cigarettes trying to read all that ****. You are contributing to my death! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LasVegas
03-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Between TAZ's length of posts and Church's volume of posts they could have their own forum! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
03-03-2005, 01:26 AM
Hey Vegas Your just worried that I'm about to catch you. Hey wait if We counted 2 posts for everyone I wrote and maybe 3 for some others, I have almost twice as You. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I'm glad Your on My team anyway. I hope?
TAZ

LasVegas
03-03-2005, 02:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RLTAZH2:
Hey Vegas Your just worried that I'm about to catch you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. You're both going to pass me before making "expert". A couple nights ago I had about 85 more posts than Church. He's about even or ahead of me tonight! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

H3 Builder
03-27-2005, 03:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> the chances of a dealer ever seeing one at that price is slim to none...that'd be like seeing a straight base H2..it never happs whether it be a chrome package or a sunroof, or something here or there, a stock truck very rarely leaves the production line.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not really true. We have built a number of base vehicles through the years of my assembly work. But you divide the number of vehicles that are base and dealers and that is why you don't see very many. Also, we build to a dealer order. If a dealer wants a base H3, that's what he'll get. If he adds dealer addons thats his doing. As far as sunroofs, we can only build 25% sunroofs. Assembly line costraints.