PDA

View Full Version : Bose Audio issues

TAP
12-05-2002, 11:37 PM
Since we are on audio issues I would like to convey my disappointment with the quality of, what I thought was a Bose stereo system. I previously owned the 2002 Envoy SLT ($36,000)which had the true quality Bose System as well as the Bose speakers and I assumed the Hummer came with the same considering it was a $52,0000 plus vehicle.
I immediately noticed the difference in the tuner which does not have a mid-range and also that Bose in not written on the tuner. After referring to the sticker, if you'll notice they
indicate Bose speakers but no mention of a Bose
stereo. I think this is intented to mislead the consumer.

TAP
12-05-2002, 11:37 PM
Since we are on audio issues I would like to convey my disappointment with the quality of, what I thought was a Bose stereo system. I previously owned the 2002 Envoy SLT ($36,000)which had the true quality Bose System as well as the Bose speakers and I assumed the Hummer came with the same considering it was a $52,0000 plus vehicle.
I immediately noticed the difference in the tuner which does not have a mid-range and also that Bose in not written on the tuner. After referring to the sticker, if you'll notice they
indicate Bose speakers but no mention of a Bose
stereo. I think this is intented to mislead the consumer.

Bill Kervaski
12-06-2002, 08:51 PM
Bose doesn't manufacture any of their receivers. They outsource it. The only thing they really make is speakers.

If you take your system out and look on the top, it has a BOSE label and some electrical specs.

- Bill

TonkaH2
12-06-2002, 10:01 PM
I understand your disappointment -I thought the sound quality wasn't much better than my Tahoe.

But as an avid audiophile and ex-electronics tech, I have to say that the best thing about Bose is their marketing. They may make better speakers than Delco, but it still is a long way from real quality. They DO make fairly crappy parts sound better than they ought to, and simple systems for folks who can't program a VCR, but they still charge 10 times what it's worth. They are way overrated. Just my 2 cents. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

-Jack
Yellow H2 on order
"I think I can make it. D'OH!"

Bill Kervaski
12-07-2002, 04:18 PM
I personally think their speaker technology is great. But I agree with the other components, crap.

- Bill

TonkaH2
12-07-2002, 07:21 PM
Amazing bass acoustic technology, given. They get more out of small woofers [really midrange speakers]than they have a right too. But they still just get a lot more from very mediocre speaker components. Imagine what they could do if they went with higher quality.

If they are auditioned side-by-side with demanding material or test CD's, I think you'll hear the shortcomings. Or just confirm your opinion. . . /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-Jack
Yellow H2 on order
"I think I can make it. D'OH!"