PDA

View Full Version : It's okay if you use it!

Steve R
12-04-2002, 03:27 AM
We've all heard how the American Indians didn't solely eat the meat of the animals they killed...no...they made use of almost the entire animal, finding uses for almost everything in some fashion or another.

Same thing applies today for those who hunt. When I catch a fish I make sure it ends up in my smoker, the BBQ or somehow eaten. Anything less is just not right. When I freeze some fish and it ends up getting freezer-burn and thrown away...I always feel such a shame for having wasted what otherwise could have been a living animal.

Anyways (there is a point coming along), the same thing applies for our H2's. I use mine for family use, work and I get out in the great outdoors and make use of the 4x4 system...hardcore!

People often criticize that we don't NEED these "huge" Hummers. I frankly feel that if these things don't get off the pavement every now and then...it just may be true. I've heard that they predict 80-some percent of the H2's sold will never leave the pavement!

Guess what...I'M AN ENVIRONMENTALIST...if you don't need it...you shouldn't have it! But as long as you make use of it and take advantage of its capabilities...then I feel justified in having this swell toy! What do ya say?

Steve R
12-04-2002, 03:27 AM
We've all heard how the American Indians didn't solely eat the meat of the animals they killed...no...they made use of almost the entire animal, finding uses for almost everything in some fashion or another.

Same thing applies today for those who hunt. When I catch a fish I make sure it ends up in my smoker, the BBQ or somehow eaten. Anything less is just not right. When I freeze some fish and it ends up getting freezer-burn and thrown away...I always feel such a shame for having wasted what otherwise could have been a living animal.

Anyways (there is a point coming along), the same thing applies for our H2's. I use mine for family use, work and I get out in the great outdoors and make use of the 4x4 system...hardcore!

People often criticize that we don't NEED these "huge" Hummers. I frankly feel that if these things don't get off the pavement every now and then...it just may be true. I've heard that they predict 80-some percent of the H2's sold will never leave the pavement!

Guess what...I'M AN ENVIRONMENTALIST...if you don't need it...you shouldn't have it! But as long as you make use of it and take advantage of its capabilities...then I feel justified in having this swell toy! What do ya say?

Steve R
12-04-2002, 03:28 AM
Umm....HeeHaw...you know of places we can 4x4 to AND go fishing???

HeeHaw
12-04-2002, 04:52 AM
Let me see what I can come up with....

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwww /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

JJ
12-05-2002, 03:37 AM
Just guessing, but I'd assume that HeeHaw is a "Catch and Release" man - you might have to promise to release whatever you catch....

The best I can recommend is a flyfishing trip to the San Juan river in northern NM (one of the best fisheries in the country, though crowded) and then a quick jaunt up to some of southern Colorado jeep trails. Might be a bit far for you CA guys, but like I've said in earlier posts, if you are in the area I'm always up for flyfishing - the jeep trails would be an added bonus.

JJ

Steve R
12-05-2002, 05:09 AM
JJ, my guess is that he's not a 'catch & release' guy. He still works for a gov't agency, and so in keeping with tradition he's likely a para-military sorta guy and likely guts the fish on the spot and eats the heart while it's still beating.

......I'm late for therapy, see ya!

HeeHaw
12-05-2002, 11:11 PM
We are going to the lower owens in January and getting to the river can be a bit messy. I will try it out there and see how it goes. Not even a challenge for the H2.

Steve, when your therapy is over, do they put you back in the cage or are you allowed to run around un-restrained?

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Had a very long night and I would love to post, but I'm tired and it's time to hit the fart sack!

Bye.................... /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif