PDA

View Full Version : SAVV 5'' Monitor Mirror

NJ H2
04-11-2004, 01:27 AM
If anyone is looking for another monitor take a look at the SAVV 5" Monitor Mirror. I installed this a few weeks ago and it looks and works great even during the day. It matches the H2 dark gray dash section perfectly. The left section of the mirror is for the Monitor and the right section is for the rear view (actual Mirror). The Monitor doesn't interfere with the rearview at all. You can still see the whole rear hatch window in the mirror even when the Monitor is on.
I highly recommend it.

http://photos.imageevent.com/benza/hummerh2/STA_0444.jpg

NJ H2
04-11-2004, 01:27 AM
If anyone is looking for another monitor take a look at the SAVV 5" Monitor Mirror. I installed this a few weeks ago and it looks and works great even during the day. It matches the H2 dark gray dash section perfectly. The left section of the mirror is for the Monitor and the right section is for the rear view (actual Mirror). The Monitor doesn't interfere with the rearview at all. You can still see the whole rear hatch window in the mirror even when the Monitor is on.
I highly recommend it.

http://photos.imageevent.com/benza/hummerh2/STA_0444.jpg

HGW
04-11-2004, 01:31 AM
Sent you a PM----

HGW
04-11-2004, 01:31 AM
Sent you a PM----

frank6150
04-11-2004, 01:50 AM
Looks really good NJ! I'm gonna hold out a little bit longer till the '05 comes out to decide whether or not to trade up or to drop some cash into mine for a nav system.

frank6150
04-11-2004, 01:50 AM
Looks really good NJ! I'm gonna hold out a little bit longer till the '05 comes out to decide whether or not to trade up or to drop some cash into mine for a nav system.

Simchippy
10-06-2004, 08:47 PM
NJH2
Just bought the savv 5200 backup mirror but can't get it to fit right. It snaps on as per directions but it is so tight against the top console I can't tilt it enough to see out the back window. Did you have to shorten the stock mirror arm or make any modifications to get the angle right? Seems like a good quality item but not sure if I can use it in the H2.
The photo of your set up looks like it fits behind the console. I wonder if the stock mirror location on 05 is different from past years.

Sim

Simchippy
10-06-2004, 08:47 PM
NJH2
Just bought the savv 5200 backup mirror but can't get it to fit right. It snaps on as per directions but it is so tight against the top console I can't tilt it enough to see out the back window. Did you have to shorten the stock mirror arm or make any modifications to get the angle right? Seems like a good quality item but not sure if I can use it in the H2.
The photo of your set up looks like it fits behind the console. I wonder if the stock mirror location on 05 is different from past years.

Sim

H2Finally
10-07-2004, 03:07 AM
I had exactly the same problem with a SAVV 5000. I even printed NJ's pic above to show Savv tech (near my office), but he said the only option is to remove the rear mirror and re-glue lower.

When I unscrew (torx, btw) the mirror, I found that it was not pushed all the way down on the anchor. When I adjusted the position to the lowest point and screw back the mirror, it works! The Savv's cable is compressed tight against the top console -- but at least the angle is enough for me to use the mirror.

NJ, any other tips?

H2Finally
10-07-2004, 03:07 AM
I had exactly the same problem with a SAVV 5000. I even printed NJ's pic above to show Savv tech (near my office), but he said the only option is to remove the rear mirror and re-glue lower.

When I unscrew (torx, btw) the mirror, I found that it was not pushed all the way down on the anchor. When I adjusted the position to the lowest point and screw back the mirror, it works! The Savv's cable is compressed tight against the top console -- but at least the angle is enough for me to use the mirror.

NJ, any other tips?

drouke
10-07-2004, 09:12 AM
Is that that thing clipped to your visor for your cell phone? If so how does it sound going through your radio?

drouke
10-07-2004, 09:12 AM
Is that that thing clipped to your visor for your cell phone? If so how does it sound going through your radio?

RIC-H0
10-07-2004, 11:28 AM
How much was it? It may be an option for me. I'm still looking into a getting a small laptop instead on headrest monitors(tired of getting them ripped off).

Ric-H2

RIC-H0
10-07-2004, 11:28 AM
How much was it? It may be an option for me. I'm still looking into a getting a small laptop instead on headrest monitors(tired of getting them ripped off).

Ric-H2

H2Finally
10-07-2004, 02:24 PM
drouke, yes, its clip on, but not for cell phone. The Savv is a rear-view mirror with built-in TFT LCD with 2 inputs -- one of which will automatically turn on when transmission is in "R" for use as backup camera monitor. When LCD is off, it looks like a regular mirror.

Ric, on Ebay the 5000 model go for about $200. Not sure the 5" screen is large enough for kids in second row to see anything.

The second input is ideal for GPS (like shown on NJ's photo). If only I can figure out how to get video out on my Garmin Streetpilot III...

Btw, I've dismantled mine, and since the 5000 has the screen on the left, it looks like there is clear space (not covered by circuitboard) right over where the temp+compass display is on the stock mirror. My plan is to dremel a hole thru the Savv casing to be able to view the temp+compass..

H2Finally
10-07-2004, 02:24 PM
drouke, yes, its clip on, but not for cell phone. The Savv is a rear-view mirror with built-in TFT LCD with 2 inputs -- one of which will automatically turn on when transmission is in "R" for use as backup camera monitor. When LCD is off, it looks like a regular mirror.

Ric, on Ebay the 5000 model go for about $200. Not sure the 5" screen is large enough for kids in second row to see anything.

The second input is ideal for GPS (like shown on NJ's photo). If only I can figure out how to get video out on my Garmin Streetpilot III...

Btw, I've dismantled mine, and since the 5000 has the screen on the left, it looks like there is clear space (not covered by circuitboard) right over where the temp+compass display is on the stock mirror. My plan is to dremel a hole thru the Savv casing to be able to view the temp+compass..

Simchippy
10-07-2004, 11:49 PM
The best price for the 5200 that I could find is 229.00 at the following site. It came in two days.

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=savlbmx5200

I will try to adjust the mirror with my torx driver tomorrow.

Sim

Simchippy
10-07-2004, 11:49 PM
The best price for the 5200 that I could find is 229.00 at the following site. It came in two days.

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=savlbmx5200

I will try to adjust the mirror with my torx driver tomorrow.

Sim

kacyk
10-10-2004, 05:39 PM
NJ H2,

This may be what I'm looking for. What Nav device did you get to work with this? How do you provide input for destinations or way points? Thanks. KK

kacyk
10-10-2004, 05:39 PM
NJ H2,

This may be what I'm looking for. What Nav device did you get to work with this? How do you provide input for destinations or way points? Thanks. KK

Sportsdude
03-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Were you able to get the compass and temperature reading to show through the SAVV?

Originally posted by H2Finally: