PDA

View Full Version : Battery drained

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
12-03-2004, 05:24 PM
I got up this morning and had not driven the H2 since last Sunday as weather has been real bad.
Any way The H2 battery is dead. I'm charging it now. I have checked and can not find anything I left on.
Can someone let me know if this has happened to them and some ideas of what I may look for before i go running off to Dealer. It is wierd. I got it jumped and had onstar run a diagnostic but it is really limited and basicly just looks at trouble codes and there were none.
Thanks
Rick

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
I got up this morning and had not driven the H2 since last Sunday as weather has been real bad.
Any way The H2 battery is dead. I'm charging it now. I have checked and can not find anything I left on.
Can someone let me know if this has happened to them and some ideas of what I may look for before i go running off to Dealer. It is wierd. I got it jumped and had onstar run a diagnostic but it is really limited and basicly just looks at trouble codes and there were none.
Thanks
Rick

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Thanks
Rick

PARAGON
12-03-2004, 06:02 PM
Get the battery checked. Many of the batteries have been bad. You also need to go ahead and take it to the dealer because there are several relays that can "stick" and they will drain the battery. I had to have a relay in the rear air springs replaced and reprogramming of the air because at times it would air up and down, up and down, even if you were leaving it sitting overnight. It would do it throughout the night.

Same thing with some seat relays, etc.

partsguy
12-03-2004, 07:33 PM
There is also a TSB on a re-program.

ChuckE
12-03-2004, 08:37 PM
I had a similar problem. One of the known problems was a relay for the backup camera sticking on. If I left my H2 sitting for a couple or three days the battery would be dead.

They told be it was the backup camera. I didn't believe the dealer, at first, because I knew that the windshield monitor was not on, so why would a relay be on that didn't have the monitor enabled also?

But! once they replaced the circuit (relay or camera, I really do not know which they had changed out) the problem went away. Cool! and all under warranty.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
12-04-2004, 03:57 PM
Guys I was thinking about the dead battery issue and the only thing I have done to H2 over the past week was make the daytime lights run at night with the diagram that was on forum. Like I said in earlier post I had not driven H2 much in fact only 1 time after making the wire jump to run DRL. Could My dead battery problem have somethng to do with that.
I began to think of that as I was thinking if you start having trouble with your computer the first thing you do is consider what were the last changes made or newest program I installed before having a problem pop up. So Question:

Did DRL mod cause batt to run down with me not having driven it for 3 or 4 days after making mod?

Thanks
Rick

Patriot
12-05-2004, 02:45 AM
My "experience"......*sigh*

Round One (http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=164104888)

Round Two (http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=767108409)